Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What did you find at the SOS?

Article about: Since we don't have shows like the SOS here in Europe, I would like to get an idea of the stuff that was offered there. I would love to see what those of you who went there added to their co

?

Default What did you find at the SOS?

Since we don't have shows like the SOS here in Europe, I would like to get an idea of the stuff that was offered there. I would love to see what those of you who went there added to their collection. Please post your new additions here. I would be most grateful.

Regards
    Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What did you find at the SOS?
    P
    Many

I have a great show.
    I found one army , couple of forestry daggers and some swords.
    I will make some pictures soon I receive them by USPS.

Although I have not been to the massive SOS show...but yet..I have been to the mini version of it..still large for those who can not travel to Kentucky...it is a day of disbelief..for the collector...the amount for each persons field of study is endless. Danny you would need to bring heart pills to such a huge display of TR history and other Militaria related regalia under one roof. It would be worth the trip at least once.

The people and the knowledge walking around there are as much in large amounts as everything laid out for display an forsale. I think one would forget they were married..and leave exhausted and exhilarated of the treasures and trophies..that CAN be found at this event compared to long searches over the years at local shows..or motel buys. What ever it is you are searching it can be found..here at the SOS in some type of condition or state. Make the trip..you wont regret it. . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry, whats the ratio of fakes like?

?

Here is a photo of what I bought at the SOS. I went there on a very limited budget looking to find some field gear to help me complete some mannikins. I also picked up a few books. The show is quite overwhelming!
    The Luftwaffe belt & buckle have been discussed in this thread:
    Belt & Buckle I got at SOS

The canteen I bought is an interesting story. I wanted to get a canteen with a bakelite cup. I looked at several, most were more than I wanted to pay. I had spent just about all my money and had decided to leave. As I was walking to the exit, I saw this canteen sitting on the end of a table. The dealer, an older gentleman with a lot of high-end stuff, was packing up to leave. I picked up the canteen and saw he wanted $100 for it. He came over and said if I wanted it, I could have it for $50. I thought that was a good deal but I didn't have anywhere near that in my wallet. He said he would keep it out for me while I went to the ATM in the lobby. I took off for the ATM but was quite disappointed when it wouldn't give me any money because I had met my withdrawal limit for the day!
    I went back to the show and told him I couldn't get the money. He asked me how much I had on me. I said not nearly enough, and counted out nineteen dollars. He took the money, handed me the canteen, and said have a safe trip home and see you next year!
    I was quite shocked but pleased and thanked him as I left.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What did you find at the SOS?   What did you find at the SOS?  

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Larry, whats the ratio of fakes like?

Thats the real test Wiz ..they are there also..and is the testing ground to discern the difference. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I was at War and Peace Revival in the UK last year, same thing..Dodgy Panzer wraps seemed to be in fashion..should have a WRF meeting at every show

?

Funny thing is i can add one photo
    I got this one from Bryan, he made it at the Hermann Historica stand: they showed the highlights of their new to come Spring auction ( end of april-begin may)
    Regards,
    Ger
    What did you find at the SOS?

?

When I started this thread I was expecting to see a lot of daggers posted here since I heard such great stories about the show. But no one has shown a single dagger here so far. Now I am wondering, did some of you guys go there and found nothing you liked? Were the prices too high? Was the amount of daggers disapointing or was the quality lacking? Please let me know your thoughts.

Danny

?

Thumbs down

After 60+ yrs of collecting my areas of interest are so narrow that I rarely find much.
    This yr was a dud, I don't think I spend $100. I also didn't sell much. I had a bunch of daggers to sell, but no one seemed interested.
    Last yr was my best of 5 shows. I bought a German L. Gr. W. 36 50mm light mortar. I've been looking for one of those for 25 yrs - ever since I saw on that a friend had found.
    Sarge

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast