MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you see?

Article about: Sorry gents and ladies no photos for me to post on this one but a question....What do we see when we hold or look at our prized dagger or sword,, regardless of what branch of service it was

Default What do you see?

Sorry gents and ladies no photos for me to post on this one but a question....What do we see when we hold or look at our prized dagger or sword,, regardless of what branch of service it was from....and what has captured our attention about it? There are no wrong answers and they will vary! Post photos if needed. Looking forward to some interesting responses. Regards Larry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you see?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What do you see?

Larry

An SA dagger....What is see is a promise of a future that was to be bright and prosperous for Germany and ended in complete and utter disaster, one way or another, for the nearly 50 countries involved. I have yet to own one of these artifacts.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

£400 ish :-)

HJ dagger, I always wonder about who the original owner was, and if he survived the war. It is interesting to think about how, after 70 years, this HJ knife has ended up in my hands. I'm sure it has an interesting history. I can imagine the boy throwing it against trees, carving sticks, and maybe even carrying it into combat when he was older.

Corey

I see an empty space cuz I don't have a sword or dagger

Through the centuries that will always be the difference between Men and Boys,, as the youth would do such a thing,, never thinking one day it would make the future collector "cringe" at the thought of the knife hitting the ground or sticking in the tree. The thought of chopping a branch makes my blood run cold.
    I am sure though even some of the SA or SS men might of had their moments,, while drinking in a Beer cellar somewhere and throwing their dagger into a wall ,, somewhat like the game of darts. Then the Gestapo came in and ended the Game!

?

I see a beautiful early build SA dagger, built with pride and confidence of the future.
    Great craftmanship is an eyecatcher, then and now, still after 75 years.... build with good materials, there was no shortage then.
    They would rule the world.......all their great uniforms, designed by guys like Hugo Boss and their massive Party Nurnberg Eagles by guys like Albert Speer.....what the hell could go wrong...
    Fortunate it went wrong all the way....... but still their inheritance is here in daggers, uniforms, awards, thing that facinate us still ....their dreames of a great " Reich".......their Reich!...... we collect whats still left of their " dreams"

Cheers,
    Ger
    What do you see?
    Last edited by gerrit; 06-22-2012 at 07:35 PM.

A million words and a thousand stories in history
    cheers Ronnie

This is what I see when I look at or hold one of these artifacts. I see a Germany that wanted so bad to get back up on top and recover from its past,, with a promised future(( no matter what it takes)).... The swastika itself had grown into a ravenous monster of hate. Yes,, beautiful art deco as these items are,,but were not made to just "look nice" but made to intimidate and send a one way message. Everyone was swallowed up,, by the lie and those who saw through the lie, became the enemy. I remind myself when I look or hold one of my political daggers, the real agenda of the reason why my dagger was created and the doctrine that it stood for!

Anymore thoughts on this Gents?? Did anyone ever wonder if these guys who carried these daggers, no matter what type and maker they were,, that they would be just like us. probably comparing makers logos and crossgrain as these daggers of course were alot newer. I bet some of these guys left their dagger in a bar and either lost in gambling or fighting ,,,being drunk,,or giving it to their temporary sweetheart they met that night,, never to see her again. I dont know if the commanding officer would be understanding enough especially on the political daggers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast