Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

What are people using for display?

Article about: Well the daggers and dress bayonets are standing to pile up and simply having them lay in my glass display case doesn't seem to work anymore. I'm looking for a stand or rack, where you could

Default What are people using for display?

Well the daggers and dress bayonets are standing to pile up and simply having them lay in my glass display case doesn't seem to work anymore.

I'm looking for a stand or rack, where you could put the dagger with the sheath under it and maybe put 2-4 of them on there like that.

Anyone have any good products they use? I would prefer wood over acrylic.

-Martin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What are people using for display?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: What are people using for display?

Default Re: What are people using for display?

Yep- I totally agree with Luke. Bill's display stands are hands down the best. Not cheap, but as far as display stands go, they are top notch. According to Bill, he doesn't make money on them. I beleive he told me a good friend of his who does plastic injection molding makes them and Bill sells them to help his friend out. His friend might be sick..I just don't recall. But Bill emphatically has told me a number of times he doesn't make any $$ off them.

I own at least 8, possibly 9 display stands from Bill. Mostly the 7, 4, and single sword stands, as well as the dagger display stands. What sets them apart from other display stands is that they permit the owner a degree of flexibilty with respect to display. The owner has the option to display his sabers/dagger either in their scabbard or outside of the scabbard. What's nice is that if the collector chooses to display his blades unsheathed, the stands have back racks which both display and allow for storage of the respective saber/dagger. I currently display most of my daggers outside thier scabbards however I now display my sabers sheathed (the below photo is old and doesn't represent my current saber storage or saber inventory- but it should convey the idea of how they work). Beside thier pragmatic use, because they are clear plastic, they aesthetically display well and don't distract from the item.

Check the link Luke provided. I believe his 7 saber stands are now in the $125 range and his 7 dagger stand is roughly the same. Naturally the smaller the display stand, the price reflects that and comes down. They have however gone up since I bought my last display. Also, keep an eye on his site as I bought a couple stands when Bill had a 20% discount on them (probably in 2005/6).

I've attached a couple images illustrating both a 3 dagger display stand and a 7 saber display stand. The pics are not the best but these are the only examples on my laptop and should give you an idea of how they work and how the look.

The stands are top-notch and well worth the $$$.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What are people using for display?   What are people using for display?