Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

What is this Portepee for, and what is the little Badge / Button

Article about: Hi All. I purchased two bayonets today, one is a mint K98 Service bayonet with frog, and matching numbers, the other is a Firemans Dress bayonet. bith genuine WW2, also in the deal was this

Default What is this Portepee for, and what is the little Badge / Button

What is this Portepee for, and what is the little Badge / ButtonWhat is this Portepee for, and what is the little Badge / ButtonWhat is this Portepee for, and what is the little Badge / ButtonHi All.
    I purchased two bayonets today, one is a mint K98 Service bayonet with frog, and matching numbers, the other is a Firemans Dress bayonet. bith genuine WW2, also in the deal was this Portepee, It has a leather strap with a knot at one end and a metal loop, it has a double strap and at the other end is the main body, it is green capped over Silver bottom, there was also a S shaped piece of metal, ( I presume that this was to hang the Portepee on) also what is very puzzling is there is a smallish button sort of thing, it is Green, Silver and Red, the top of the button is a ressessed dip and it is coloured Red. on the rear it has two little closed legs like a staple when its been closed, so obviously you push it through something and close the legs, so it locks. could you please tell me what this is and its value.

I have been offered £125.00 fot the Service Bayonet, and £100.00 for the Firemans Bayonet. are these prices fair. I am asking because I am out of my depth here. Please check out the pictures of the items mentioned. Thank You

Could any body please tell me what the Portepee is, and does it come off a Dagger, Sword, or Bayonet. also can you give me a value on it. also what is the Button Item

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this Portepee for, and what is the little Badge / Button
    P
    Many

Default Re: What is this Portepee for, and what is the little Badge / Button

The 'button' is a cockade - in TR national colours - for a cap.
    It is usually surounded by an aluminum wreath.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Steve.
    Thank you for your reply, so pardon my ignorance, my forte is weapons/firearms, but what is TR Ntional Colours, is it german WW2, and is it the centre button that is surrounded by a wreath that is on an officers cap. These items were all together with two bayonets that my grandfather brought back from Berlin during WW2, he has passed away so i am selling this stuff.

Regards. John.

'TR' = 'Third Reich'.

The 'national colours' are red, white and black.
    Cockade could be part of either Officer or Enlisted insignia.

Can you show photos of all four bayonets..............?
    Regards,

Steve.