Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WKC Police Bayonet opinions please

Article about: Please comment on this WKC police bayonet. Annoyed from this ads?   z4.

Default WKC Police Bayonet opinions please

Please comment on this WKC police bayonet.

z4.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WKC Police Bayonet opinions please   WKC Police Bayonet opinions please  

WKC Police Bayonet opinions please   WKC Police Bayonet opinions please  

WKC Police Bayonet opinions please   WKC Police Bayonet opinions please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WKC Police Bayonet opinions please
    P
    Many

Nice looking original bayonet & knot. Brown frog is period but inappropriate for Schutzpolizei, it should be black.

?

I can see that detail difference between this one and one that was posted on another thread that was determined to be a fake. I also see the evil eye eagle( thanks Billy G)
    Great looking Police Bayonet. If the frog is wrong, Does the troddel match this version?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Could you explain why the numbers (347) on the scabbard and on the spine of the blade are different than on the guard

Zephyr,

The crossguard & scabbard fitting numbers on this bayonet were probably added during the Weimar era. The spine & scabbard throat are from another period, probably the 3R. These bayonets were often reissued to different units throughout the 3R. I like it when the numbers match.

Phil,

This knot is an officer grade Polizei knot as distinguished from the NCO version which had a green & silver bulb. Generally this length bayonet had the green & silver NCO knot & the shorter blade bayonets were carried by the officers & used this silver bullion knot. It's a fine combination though IMHO, all period & looks nice as is.

Thanks for the update Billy, I have a couple more police bayonets what I think are repo I will post them and would like your opinion if you dont mind.

z4

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I also see the evil eye eagle( thanks Billy G)
    Phil
    that evil eye eagle macro was posted by me
    All other facts were given by Billy!

i like this one with the big alu rivets, thx for showing.

Please post whatever you have.

?

Ok Billy here is mine Alcoso
    Regards,
    Ger:
    WKC Police Bayonet opinions pleaseWKC Police Bayonet opinions pleaseWKC Police Bayonet opinions pleaseWKC Police Bayonet opinions pleaseWKC Police Bayonet opinions pleaseWKC Police Bayonet opinions pleaseWKC Police Bayonet opinions pleaseWKC Police Bayonet opinions pleaseWKC Police Bayonet opinions pleaseWKC Police Bayonet opinions please

Ger,

Looks like a nice example with an appropriate amount of period carry wear. Alcoso used a hilt specific to them, note the dots around the eagle's eyes. I've also seen the same hilt on some Weimar era Clemen & Jung bayonets so my suspicion is Alcoso sold at least some hilts to C & J. Interestingly though, I have 2 C & J Polizei bayonets & one C & J Customs bayonet & none of them have that feature.

The numbers look like a 3R issue, nice that they match. It appears that the reverse crossguard shows spots where the old Weimar numbers were removed but I could be wrong. Sometimes these old numbers had X's stamped over them, sometimes not, there's really no hard & fast rule.

One of the things I really like about Polizei bayonets is all the variants we come across, particularly the aluminum hilted 3R produced examples. Many are the short blade type, some with steel scabbards of varying type, some with stag or jigged wood made to look like stag, some made poorly & yet others made so well despite the late production dates. I just wish they weren't so damned expensive because I really want them all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast