Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WKC Police Bayonet opinions please

Article about: Please comment on this WKC police bayonet. Annoyed from this ads?   z4.

?

Ger & Billy G....I will add my Alcoso here as well for reference.

Question: Both the throat of scabbard and bayonet on mine are marked matching S.Ko.I 690. Can either of you shed light on what that signifies? I was under the impression the "S Ko.I." stood for "Municipal Police Property, Administrative District Koln, duty location I". Is that correct based on your knowledge?

Rossi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WKC Police Bayonet opinions please   WKC Police Bayonet opinions please  

WKC Police Bayonet opinions please   WKC Police Bayonet opinions please  

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WKC Police Bayonet opinions please
    P
    Many

Some beautiful police sidearms ! timothy

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    that evil eye eagle macro was posted by me
    All other facts were given by Billy!

i like this one with the big alu rivets, thx for showing.
    Geerit I apologize for my error. I thank you for pointed my mistake out. It is well noted and I shall try to make sure it does not happen again. Credit must go were credit is due and that evil eye tid bit is greatly appreciated for my future endeavors in this subject matter and purchases

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Phil its no big deal
    your welcome...and here is the sidearm i used for that mean eagle post
    I will add another Alcoso, different markings, here the explanation of them pointed out by Poloberst:
    The S.M. I. 486. means Schutzpolizei (of the Prussian Administrative District) Münster (Garrison) I (weapon inventory number) 486. The property marking predates the addition of the post-1936 police eagle on the grip. Bavaria did not use these style bayonets until after the nationalization of the police in 1936. The crown/B on the back of the blade is actually a sunburst/B. This */B marking was the acceptance stamp of the Prussian Police Procurement Office (Beschaffungsamt) located in Berlin.
    Regards,
    Ger
    WKC Police Bayonet opinions pleaseWKC Police Bayonet opinions pleaseWKC Police Bayonet opinions pleaseWKC Police Bayonet opinions pleaseWKC Police Bayonet opinions pleaseWKC Police Bayonet opinions pleaseWKC Police Bayonet opinions pleaseWKC Police Bayonet opinions please

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Ger & Billy G....I will add my Alcoso here as well for reference.

Question: Both the throat of scabbard and bayonet on mine are marked matching S.Ko.I 690. Can either of you shed light on what that signifies? I was under the impression the "S Ko.I." stood for "Municipal Police Property, Administrative District Koln, duty location I". Is that correct based on your knowledge?

Rossi
    Rossi, I would say that your translation is correct. Per the 1932 regulations ,however, Koeln should be abbreviated as "S.KOe". It is my understanding that there are some variances from time to time with these and all German Regimental markings, and since the only "KO" marking in the Prussian territories, or the Occupied Rheinland, of which Koeln was, I would say that it would have to be correct.

You guy's are making it really hard on me not to sell off a few items and buying 2 or 10 of these beautiful sidearms!

Jim

Rossi,

I agree with Jim, your identification of the bayonet's markings is accurate. Your bayonet is nicely conditioned & a pleasure to look at, so where's a nice knot to finish it off?

I believe, technically speaking, that the frog you have on it is incorrect although that said, I've bought a number of both fire & police bayonets with this type frog on them so they may have been used in the period despite what the regulations stated. My understanding is patent leather is was supposed to be used but we all know what happened to regulations, especially during wartime.

Seeing all these Alcosos, I think I really need to add one to my collection but my new additions have ground to almost a halt in the recent year. Not enough money lying around to spend on such luxuries, sad to say. I also have an HJ Leader's dagger I'm trying to pay off so that just about kills off new acquisitions until it's done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2