Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WKC short etched dress bayonet, Jager Reg't 99

Article about: A friend has offered me this bayonet. Double sided etch. It is still in Bavaria, where I believe the regiment was formed. The blade is uncleaned, but looks in fair condition, although the sc

?

Default WKC short etched dress bayonet, Jager Reg't 99

A friend has offered me this bayonet. Double sided etch. It is still in Bavaria, where I believe the regiment was formed. The blade is uncleaned, but looks in fair condition, although the scabbard has seen better days. Handle and hardware look clean, but I see the buffer is missing. Any thoughts appreciated.WKC short etched dress bayonet, Jager Reg't 99WKC short etched dress bayonet, Jager Reg't 99WKC short etched dress bayonet, Jager Reg't 99WKC short etched dress bayonet, Jager Reg't 99WKC short etched dress bayonet, Jager Reg't 99WKC short etched dress bayonet, Jager Reg't 99WKC short etched dress bayonet, Jager Reg't 99WKC short etched dress bayonet, Jager Reg't 99WKC short etched dress bayonet, Jager Reg't 99

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WKC short etched dress bayonet, Jager Reg't 99
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

I like the fact it has a stage handle and the etching appears to be deep and nicely done . I think it stands a good chance of being real , but wait for the Dagger Guys to comment .

not liking it due to the fact of the etching encroaching over the WKC mark.

Hi Al, this is the correct etch for a WKC the etch was produced by F.W Holler template pattern Nr. 103 i cant say what happened over the etch partly covering the maker mark but everything seems to be correct otherwise .
    hope this helps,
    cheers Ronnie

?

Many thanks. It is coming from an elderly Bavarian, so I was hopeful it was good. He has some interesting items. I will keep you posted on progress.

?

I'm glad to see that this is a legit etch. When I looked at this beauty earlier today I was hoping it wasn't something that was ruined by a faked etch.
    That is an awesome looking pick up that any of us Bayo collectors would love to have in our collection!
    Congrats Al

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks guys. I am picking it up in person next year when I visit Germany. Hoping to get the name and a pic of the original owner so I can do some research on him.