Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ww2 waffen ss bayonet.

Article about: HI IS THIS WAFFEN SS BAYONET. GOOD OR A FAKE

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I thought they came from Poland...We've been seeing them here on the Forum for many years now...
    cheers, Glenn
    That is what I am curious about. Are there now other new sources producing new etches on these bayo's?

Jim

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww2 waffen ss bayonet.
    P
    Many

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I thought they came from Poland...We've been seeing them here on the Forum for many years now...
    cheers, Glenn
    They started coming out of the UK in the late '70's, and Soldier of Fortune were selling tons in the 80's. I'm really surprised that people are fooled by these bits of utter crap

?

When ever I see a thread about a SS bayonets there is a 99% chance it is one of these repos. I remember seeing them for the first time around 77-78..

The crooked entrepreneurs during the 70s..knew that there was no solid proof to disprove the authenticity of these bayos...and was a Candy store mentality for those who seen an authentic bayo. The increased presence of the "Type Collectors" and internet..brought all pertinent related K98 information together....then disseminating what was true or not. History prevailed in showing the truth...in the amount of study..that has shown the true image of the K98 bayonet.
    For the seasoned collector..this disguise doesnt work anymore..and it is an old "Rabbit in the Hat" trick.

I dont know of anymore of these are being pumped out somewhere..but for sure..it is surely recognizable as a child cupping their hand over their nose to hide what they are picking. These combat Bayos are just that. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2