Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Burtonwood Nostalgia weekend

Article about: This weekend the annual 'Nostalgia' weekend was held on the former RAF Burtonwood site. A bit disappointing to previous years though, and distinctly lacking in military hardware compared to

Default Burtonwood Nostalgia weekend

This weekend the annual 'Nostalgia' weekend was held on the former RAF Burtonwood site. A bit disappointing to previous years though, and distinctly lacking in military hardware compared to other shows. Even the fly-past by a Douglas DC3 Dakota had to be cancelled after one of the aircrafts engines developed a fault en route and the aircraft had to be diverted to Manchester airport. The show was advertised as having 'trade stands', but all I saw were a few burger vans! The 25pdr field gun is in working order, and is privately owned on a 'Section 1' firearms certificate.

Burtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekend[Burtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekend

A few pictures taken inside the small museum on the site....

Burtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekend

and a few classic cars... apologies for the orientation of some of the pictures, that's down to my cropping. Click on all images to enlarge

Cheers,
    Steve

Burtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekendBurtonwood Nostalgia weekend
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Burtonwood Nostalgia weekend   Burtonwood Nostalgia weekend  

Burtonwood Nostalgia weekend   Burtonwood Nostalgia weekend  

Burtonwood Nostalgia weekend  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Burtonwood Nostalgia weekend
    P
    Many

I forgot this was on as i would have paid a visit. Nice photos Steve.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I forgot this was on as i would have paid a visit. Nice photos Steve.
    It was absolute crap compared to previous years Paul... hardly any weapons on show at all, and absolutely no Axis militaria in sight. The military vehicles you see in the pictures is more or less the extent of what was on show. The only good thing is that all monies collected go towards helping veterans associations. No tossers from H4H there either... which was a good thing.

Cheers,
    Steve