Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

first military fair of 2011

Article about: This morning I went to the first fair of 2011 for me and I enjoyed it a lot. The location is Slovenia, there are usually 4 fairs each year and sellers come from all over southern Europe: the

?

Default first military fair of 2011

This morning I went to the first fair of 2011 for me and I enjoyed it a lot.
    The location is Slovenia, there are usually 4 fairs each year and sellers come from all over southern Europe: there are italia,slovenian,german and austrian dealers.
    It is mainly WW1 oriented, with a lot of dug stuff but you can also find good WW2 stuff. It is, as everywhere, heavily polluted with fakes, but most of them are so evident not to be dangerous.

I like that fair because it's not for me a big spending day and it's more like a big fleamarket rather than a more blasoned event: I usually buy few items but I seldom come out with empty hands.

Here are my today purchases:

1. one interesting german late war mess kit, engraved by a slovenian partisan. It is dated 28.4.1945 Italija and it makes me think it comes from my hometown, where the partisans just started the offensive that date.
    2. a bunch of interesting period pics , some are of german police in combat probably around here.
    3. a nice silver sympathy badge for neckchain
    4. a shortened Gretschen stunningly retaining all the colour and writings. It was probably kept on a desk as a war souvenir. Now it's on my desk

first military fair of 2011
    Regards

Matt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement first military fair of 2011
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: first military fair of 2011

Like the Gretchen Matt !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Default Re: first military fair of 2011

Hi Paul,
    yep me too, that's the kind of things you may occasionally find there. It is obviously empty as my pockets and inert
    Regards

Matt