Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Flea market pick-ups

Article about: Hello. I went to a flea market today. Few Militaria items, and what was there was grossly overpriced. But I managed to walk away with a half mannequin with detachable arms for \\$20 and two ve

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Hey Phil. You ain't kidding! Mannequins are expensive items. I'm hoping my mint unissued M33 tunic fits on this one, once I finish paying it off on lay away. I frequently check craigslist for mannequins, and for stores going out of business. I have found that mannequins sell very fast.
    It's not easy finding the right mannequin at the right price. I've been looking for some to portray Russian pilots and all those in the $150-$200 range are extremely effeminate looking (must be a fashion thing). To get a mannequin in Australia that actually looks like a man, the prices start at $350+. There's some old retro ones on Ebay occasionaly that look good and cheap prices, but are pick-up only as the postage is prohibitive.

I just believe a Soviet fighter pilot should look a bit masculine, and most of the mannequins coming out of China these days just don't cut it in that department. They'd be all right for advertising trendy clothes. I just can't see Boris the pilot being that limp-wristed.

The Knight's Cross looks great, nice contrast. Red and black always look impressive together.

Cheers, Willie.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flea market pick-ups
    P
    Many

Quote by willie45 View Post
    I just can't see Boris the pilot being that limp-wristed.
    What goes on in the back seat of a Sturmovik stays in the back seat of a Sturmovik?

you sweet talker.-----lol.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    you sweet talker.-----lol.
    I can be quite persuasive at times

You aren't kidding mannequins half any kind are expensive and hard to find around here you did good on that purchase sometimes they can be found but don't last long just missed one here not long ago some kids had dressed it for Halloween and left it on a bluff overlooking a river local police forgot I was interested and threw it in the dumpster. timothy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2