Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Grampian transport museum. Military vehicle tattoo

Article about: I suppose composite has been showing events happening in england seemingly every week. Suppose i can show off an event that happened near me. There wasn’t a huge array of vehicles, but enoug

?

Default Grampian transport museum. Military vehicle tattoo

I suppose composite has been showing events happening in england seemingly every week. Suppose i can show off an event that happened near me. There wasn’t a huge array of vehicles, but enough to make it worthwhile and there was some cracking displays. I got to carry a mg42 and aim a kar 98 which was a first for me. Some guy from holland came up to show off his m8 greyhound which was very nice looking. The only german kit there was a zundapp motorbike and side car and a kettenkrad which surprised me. The rest was mainly post war british rovers. There was a centurion ARV which tore up the ground which was cool to see.

Grampian transport museum. Military vehicle tattooGrampian transport museum. Military vehicle tattooGrampian transport museum. Military vehicle tattooGrampian transport museum. Military vehicle tattooGrampian transport museum. Military vehicle tattooGrampian transport museum. Military vehicle tattoo
    Had a blast speaking to the guy who had a 25 pounder. I even recommended him a book about british ammunition. I suppose if i am smart with my money one day i will own an artillery piece

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grampian transport museum. Military vehicle tattoo
    P
    Many

Sounds like you had a great time. Shame about the typically British weather. I believe that same M8 was at War & Peace last year. I suppose if he comes all the way from Holland, he's bound to make the most of it! A nice Universal Carrier there, too. Was this more of a vehicle-centric show, or were there militaria stalls and the like there as well?

B.B.

?

Nah no militaria stalls. Im quite happy about it as i am saving up just in general at the moment. Yea it was more vehicle focused then, my dads friend owned a range rover there which was displayed. I heard a great story about how the local council used a giant scammel arv that was painted yellow and got a snow plow added on the front after it was removed from army service back in the 60s.

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Nah no militaria stalls. Im quite happy about it as i am saving up just in general at the moment. Yea it was more vehicle focused then, my dads friend owned a range rover there which was displayed. I heard a great story about how the local council used a giant scammel arv that was painted yellow and got a snow plow added on the front after it was removed from army service back in the 60s.
    Good call on the saving. It's painful to go for so long without any new purchases, but the end result is always worth it.

So it was more of a small local event, as compared to the 'big' shows. The smaller shows are often better for meeting other enthusiasts, as those are the events they're more likely to seek out and go to. You can meet some really interesting people in the most unlikely of places.

B.B.

?

I rather enjoyed it being a small event. Less of a rush and more time to appreciate the effort put in the vehicles. Only been to one big show and that being Tankfest. That was quite fast paced at the start and the vehicle owners and staff were always behind the scenes and not out and about. Still got my haynes manual signed none the less. I suppose war and peace next year will probably be a rush as i will probably impulse buy items. In the sense of “get it before someone else does”

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    I rather enjoyed it being a small event. Less of a rush and more time to appreciate the effort put in the vehicles. Only been to one big show and that being Tankfest. That was quite fast paced at the start and the vehicle owners and staff were always behind the scenes and not out and about. Still got my haynes manual signed none the less. I suppose war and peace next year will probably be a rush as i will probably impulse buy items. In the sense of “get it before someone else does”
    So you're coming down to the south for the 2019 show? The militaria stalls alone are enough to keep your average enthusiast occupied for hours. There's no shortage of things to see and do, though. It's definitely worth the trip. If you can, I'd recommend staying for a couple of days. One day for the living history/reenactment areas, the other for the trade stands.

My advice (which I never manage to follow myself) is not to go with a particular item in mind. You never know what you might miss if you're looking for something else. It's a painful choice to make, especially when there's so much to choose from. As long as you come back with something you're happy with, that's really all that matters.

B.B.

..bit late coming to this one...sorry JB....always great to see what's going on and where...any show in the UK with a 'Carrier and a Kett is really quite special - thanks for taking the time to grab and then share some snaps.