Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Items from Glendale Heights Militaria Show

Article about: Hello everyone! Below I will post some pictures of the items I got at the Glendale Heights Militaria Show today, and also some questions that I have, and also s list of the items. Items: NSK

Smile Items from Glendale Heights Militaria Show

Hello everyone! Below I will post some pictures of the items I got at the Glendale Heights Militaria Show today, and also some questions that I have, and also a list of the items.

Items: NSKK dagger - ($300)
    Iron Cross II - ($90)
    Russia Campaign Medal 1941-1942 - ($10)
    4 original German WWII photos (Pictures most likely taken in Russia) - ($10)
    Japanese Government-Issued 10 Phillipino Pesos from 1942 - (free)

Items from Glendale Heights Militaria ShowItems from Glendale Heights Militaria ShowItems from Glendale Heights Militaria ShowItems from Glendale Heights Militaria ShowItems from Glendale Heights Militaria ShowItems from Glendale Heights Militaria ShowItems from Glendale Heights Militaria ShowItems from Glendale Heights Militaria ShowItems from Glendale Heights Militaria ShowItems from Glendale Heights Militaria ShowItems from Glendale Heights Militaria ShowItems from Glendale Heights Militaria ShowItems from Glendale Heights Militaria Show

Some questions I have are: is the NSKK dagger an early or transitional marked dagger, and also what maker is it? Also, what maker is the EK2? And lastly, do you guys think I overpaid for the dagger? (I paid $300; is it worth less?) Thanks!
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 12-03-2018 at 06:50 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Items from Glendale Heights Militaria Show
    P
    Many

Here is a photo of how I am displaying my German items: (I have another helmet, but I doesn’t fit in)

Items from Glendale Heights Militaria Show

MAP
    ?

Is that the show I told you about? Just curious. I remember giving a list of local shows (this included) to someone a few months back. I'm not from the area so was just interested if my "Google'ing" abilities paid off

I think that maker dagger is harder to find. Using the old scale (now out of date I have read) it was a 7 out of 10 on rarity. As far as originality and value given the condition....I will leave that to others. It is however not an early dagger. Fittings are plated zinc and it has the transitional maker name/RZM markings.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello MAP! Yes, I did see that post you made on another persons thread, and yes, it is one of them . I hdon’t ought it was a transitional, I just wasn’t so sure, thanks for clearing that up! And as for the rarity, I will take a 7/10 rarity and day . Thanks!

MAP
    ?

Post the dagger in a separate thread. So the dagger guys can evaluate it. I can't comment on its authenticity. It could be all original or a parts dagger.

I would not worry so much about rarity. Always focus on condition first. And I've read that this old scale is out of date. It might have changed. Again, leave it up to the guys that know more.

Nice display btw
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yeah, I will definitely make a new thread tommorow
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 12-03-2018 at 10:17 PM.