Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

La Gleize Fair 2015......

Article about: Right - car packed, Euros exchanged, and ready for the 'off'. As with last year, making a long weekend of it to combine with some Ardennes hiking ( plus eating and drinking ) and hopefully w

Arrow

And here's what I picked up.....

Kwk 43 & KwK42 Panzergranaten, Carin Goering biography, a board-mounted 1938 Luger diagram ( an impulse buy ) top plate of a S-Mi35 ( perfect 1944 markings and it'd have been rude not to at 5 Euros ! ) and a post-war repainted, but otherwise perfect 88mm Flak 18 shellcase with nice clear base stamps....

And just one last thing. La Gleize 15 was 'the year of the Kisten ' ; there were absolutely dozens of them of all types ( I guess someone unlocked a warehouse in Germany and found a load ). Anyhow, there were almost too many too look through but on the Sunday morning ( bargain time ) I patiently rummaged through all that were left and came up trumps......

.......for 15 Euros....well, it'd have been rude not to !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement La Gleize Fair 2015......
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks Martin.

I like the armoured engine air vent, looks like it is from a Panther?

Cheers, Ade.
    I rather liked it too...but lack the expertise to identify it. Judging from the fact that it was still there on Suinday morning, I probably lacked the cash, too......

Looks like you have one of the Finnish used 88 cases nice finds, i have heard there was alot of thief at the show this year one item being a German paratrooper helmet

Quote by kradman View Post
    Looks like you have one of the Finnish used 88 cases nice finds, i have heard there was alot of thief at the show this year one item being a German paratrooper helmet
    It seems to be an every year occurrence there for the last few years. Not heard of any pocket slashing this year yet.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for sharing your photos of the fair and your acquisitions! Seems like a place I could have found myself a trinket or two also... I see something I would have picked up there (read signature) . Maybe next year

Lightbulb

the same stall had a relic MP44, reasonably complete, but obviously heavily pitted and conserved, with a modern wood butt, for E490.

There were warnings about pickpockets, but I had no bad experiences. There was a very heavy police presence on Saturday, with dogs, mounted police, and a large helicopter which kept 'buzzing' the village and fair at quite low level. On Sunday, there was no 'security' presence at all, so I guess thieves in Belgium must be devout churchgoers......

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    the same stall had a relic MP44, reasonably complete, but obviously heavily pitted and conserved, with a modern wood butt, for E490.
    Wish I was there, I already have one but want to "upgrade" somewhat --- how are the rules of taking relics such as this out of Belgium? Anyway, looks like a nice fair... definitely hope to visit someday!

Lightbulb

Quote by slados28 View Post
    --- how are the rules of taking relics such as this out of Belgium?
    TBH, I have no idea.......I mean, I wouldn't like to try bringing anti-tank shells through an airport . But in the car, I make sure everything is stowed away. Coming back from Ciney in 2013, 'Granatwerfer' and I were pulled over by French Customs on the AutoRoute. They just looked rather puzzled by all our stuff ( which included a deact 120mm mortar round ) and waved us on.....

LOTS OF THIEVES IN ACTION

Thefts by professional gangs of thieves from Eastern Europe and the slitting of bags to steal the money are unfortunately very common at the Militaria Shows in LA GLEIZE and CINEY. And everyone who visits these events knows what probably will happen to him.

Also at the "open-air Militariabörse" from 19 to 21.6.2015 in La Gleize many professional thieves were on the road again.

The Dutch Militariahändler MARK VAN THIEL" was stolen a paratrooper helmet out of a display case.

Another paratrooper helmet was stolen out of a car during the night, while the collector was sleeping in the car.

The car of the english Militariadealers "REGIMENTALS" was totally emptied ba thieves during the night from saturady to sunday.

Among the numerous other thefts - many were not even reported to the police - a pioneer saw from the 1st World War was stolen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2