Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

To the max! 2017

Article about: Some pics from this year's show

Brian,

Thank you for posting the pictures. Really looks like a show I must try to attend someday.. Your pickups are also very nice. I like the souvenir from Italy. I have a whole bunch of the 5th Army Commemorative Medals and a bunch of Napoli Rings..

Smitty

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement To the max! 2017
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

You did well Brian. And you met "Larry the Legend". Lucky you! BUT....Did you check your wallet afterwards? Just sayin'

Great photos. My friend (dealer) went and said he has a bunch of goodies that he picked up and wants to show me

One day I will get there. We can all hang out and David can buy us all some Schnitzel and bier at the Hoffbrau House. But I fear that if I do go, I will sell my house, wife and kids before I leave.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yup Larry was a pleasure to meet and talk to, I'd be suspicious but I didn't have much to take lol. He also picked up a lovely prize I will let him show it off, bet you can't guess what it is? I ain't saying. It wouldn't be hard to spend tens of thousands in a blink of an eye, happy I'm broke brother. Hope to see all you guys there next year! I'm still on a high from the show makes me want to hit the SOS. I d go just to meet Bob and the rest of you all. Hopefully next year. Louisville is a six hour hike not too bad.

MAP
    ?

Well Larry should be heading up my way in Nov so maybe he will show me his little prize when he stops over I'm sure it is pointy and has either SA or SS runes on it. And is NOT RZM marked.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Well Larry should be heading up my way in Nov so maybe he will show me his little prize when he stops over I'm sure it is pointy and has either SA or SS runes on it. And is NOT RZM marked.
    I cannot confirm or deny your suspicion. But you are warm.

Great pics Brian.. Thankyou for taking so many ...yes that SS honor was way over the top in pricing ..I would of put it near $150,000.

It was nice to meet you Brian . very down to earth person. The pleasure was mine to chat with you.

@ MAP... Beat you to it ..his wallet was light and after he bought his posted goodies ..just some monopoly money in there.

I went to the Hofbrau house that night ...and hung out with William Kramer ( alliknew ) and company . Had a great time . but that place was very noisy

My legs are in pain from walking in endless circles around the convention hall ...but all the well worth it ....because I saw something new every time I walked by the same tables. The love of the hobby drives us to walk these ubsude miles .

I met up with
    JR Meda & Sohn
    Stingray Ivan
    Tom Kendal
    Ed Sunday
    Paul Hogle & Sohn ... Lakesidetrader
    SA guru and Mentor Mike McAlvanah ( McSaar )
    Joe Posinelli
    William Kramer
    Kelly Hicks
    Don Boyle
    Tom Wittmann
    Helmut Wietze and Dietrich Maerz
    The illustrious advanced collectors of
    Bill Gibbon
    Red Baron and Mario ( North of 55 )

Friday was open to the public and more stuff came in with them putting more in the tables. Always a great time there to chat and study these items in hand. Its a journey that nysr be made by the collector at least once .

Your hooked after that the pleasure was nine mostly to chat about the hobby....and no media interference

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Anyone see anything interesting, specifically Japanese?

Tom

Great photos a place I probably will never get to. Very interesting to see the pricing!
    Hey Larry That was a bit rough closing Tom's thread! just like that!
    The MAX Show!

A bit rough René?..... Don't go PC on me

I reopened it as long as it remains within content if the Japanese realm . my apologies to Tom
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by tomp View Post
    Anyone see anything interesting, specifically Japanese?

Tom
    Hey Tom sorry brother yes there were IJA items there not in bulk like German or American items. One booth near Wittman's set up had some nice headgear and miscellaneous uniform items. Quite a few flags throughout several good luck items and the like, some loose samurai blades and I would estimate seeing maybe three or four booths with complete swords outfits in smaller quantities. No firearms or field kit that comes to mind. I do recall seeing a booth that had a prewar Samurai outfit but I don't know much about any of the pieces, and the booths that did have them drew a sizeable crowd and was difficult to get pictures of. There was also a small sampling of other nations pieces here and there, WW1, and American Civil War bits. I did see some fascists pieces a rather nice cap with embroidered insignia and Wittman's had some fascists daggers for sale. Just alot to see but there were things there that catered to all collectors. Best regards.

Brian

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast