Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Max 2019

Article about: Anyone planning to attend? Last year in Monroeville, PA before moving to York, PA in 2020.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Max 2019
    P
    Many

Erik Dorr's place. I don't go in there.

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    Uh oh, that doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement. Is he a douche?

MAP
    ?

Nope. That's not it. Much more low brow. Lots of glass cabinets but cheap displays. I'll do a street view tomorrow to see if I recognize it. Obviously it did not leave a lasting impression on me.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by carpediem View Post
    Uh oh, that doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement. Is he a douche?
    Simply put, he can be like a lot of other dealers in this hobby.

Simply put, he can be like a lot of other dealers in this hobby.
    You know, I didn't see anything in the place for sale. I guess I missed it. I wasn't really there looking to buy anyhow, I was more about the history of Gettysburg and not really WWII. His place was a bit underwhelming. Anybody can attribute things to people without provenance, and I saw a lot of that in there. I took a couple pictures just to show the wife the things we did since she couldn't go.

Quote by carpediem View Post
    You know, I didn't see anything in the place for sale. I guess I missed it. I wasn't really there looking to buy anyhow, I was more about the history of Gettysburg and not really WWII. His place was a bit underwhelming. Anybody can attribute things to people without provenance, and I saw a lot of that in there. I took a couple pictures just to show the wife the things we did since she couldn't go.
    I was in that shop a long time ago. Nothing stellar. Like most of them.

TWS
    ?

The first and last time I went militaria buying in Gettysburg was 1989 (!) and I went to George Marinos' shop attached to his museum. If my fading memory serves it had the uniquely original name of "The Battlefield Museum". George has since passed and I do not know if a son or relative is running it now (seems I heard that?) or if it is closed. Anyway, George was known to be gruff but a good friend of mine was pretty tight with him and let him know in advance I would be in town. George was very nice and even let me come by after hours and have the run of the shop to myself with just he and I there. I was on a battlefield staff ride trip from school and didn't have free time until evening.
    It paid off for George as I bought a few items. And later, when my wallet recovered, I called about other items I had examined but didn't have the cash to buy during my visit and made another purchase or two that way.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Was that in a long brick building south of town?

TWS
    ?

Was that in a long brick building south of town?
    I cannot clearly remember back to 1989, but I remember walking alongside a grave yard to walk back to my hotel.

Just looked it up:

900 Baltimore Pike
    Gettysburg, Pennsylvania 17325
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast