Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The Max Show 2012. Who's going?

Article about: Hey all. Just checking to see if any members here will be going to the Max show. I'll be there October 5th and 6th. Maybe I'll see you there! Luke

Default Re: The Max Show 2012. Who's going?

The MAX and the SOS are both huge shows, but, of course, as at all shows, the pro dealers get to run about and snap up anything from each other they feel they have a buyer for and can make money on. By the time the average schmoe makes it in and wanders about, all that is generally left is what you can usually find online anyway. The sellers Do, however, sure like the Walk-ins that appear out of the blue for Sale, though. That bit is their most favorite part. Nope....I never was one for the big shows-except when I was much younger and there was no internet. You could then, usually find most anything you were looking for-but rarely if ever at a bargain price. If nothing else, they are a great way to meet and talk with the big timers and see their amazing but untouchable displays.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Max Show 2012. Who's going?
    P
    Many

Gotta love backroom deals and pre-show steals. Starting to sound like they would just piss me off. I'm not good in that kind of environment. I tend to tell people exactly what I think of them I'd rather do my shopping from the comfort of my own home. But, it can be fun to see the rare, unusual and exotic items, even if you can't touch them.

You guys must not have looked hard enough because I found tons of bargains last year! I found several nice single decal helmets for $400, a cased mutterkreuz in gold for $50, and a few other bits and bobs. There seems to be 3 different kinds of tables there: the 'not for sale' showcases, the regular online dealers who just bring along their inventory, and the random local dealer who just brought along as much stuff as he could.

But there are deals to be hard if you look hard enough. Last year I traded a salty fixed bale M1 for a single decal Heer M40!

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    You guys must not have looked hard enough because I found tons of bargains last year! I found several nice single decal helmets for $400, a cased mutterkreuz in gold for $50, and a few other bits and bobs. There seems to be 3 different kinds of tables there: the 'not for sale' showcases, the regular online dealers who just bring along their inventory, and the random local dealer who just brought along as much stuff as he could.

But there are deals to be hard if you look hard enough. Last year I traded a salty fixed bale M1 for a single decal Heer M40!
    Thanks, Mo, you have given me hope! I have never been to any large, national show. Maybe I will plan a trip to the SOS. Trying to convince the wife it would be a nice family trip.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The MAX and the SOS are both huge shows, but, of course, as at all shows, the pro dealers get to run about and snap up anything from each other they feel they have a buyer for and can make money on. By the time the average schmoe makes it in and wanders about, all that is generally left is what you can usually find online anyway. The sellers Do, however, sure like the Walk-ins that appear out of the blue for Sale, though. That bit is their most favorite part. Nope....I never was one for the big shows-except when I was much younger and there was no internet. You could then, usually find most anything you were looking for-but rarely if ever at a bargain price. If nothing else, they are a great way to meet and talk with the big timers and see their amazing but untouchable displays.
    You've almost talked me out of going, William. No really I see what you're saying and do agree with you. But I do think there are deals to be made. I'm not one for big events but being only about 60 miles from the Max I can't pass it up. It gets me out of the house for a few days and I always have a good time. It's great to see everything and who knows what you might find!
    Mo.... I can't wait too!
    Todd.. Sorry you can't make it. Maybe next year.

Luke

I cant stop thinking about all the goodies only 5 hours away, is there anyone who went or is there that can post some thoughts or opinions on the show to those who couldnt make it? big crowd? small crowd? good deals? bad deals? atmosphere good? post your reviews below.
    The Max Show 2012. Who's going?

There was plenty of US and German items at the max show at very good prices I unfortunately did not have the money with me to pick up a USMC 2nd pattern cover for 100$ and a EK2 in nice shape for 75

Ben, Was that my table that you missed the EK 2 for $75.00........near the rest rooms in the large hall?.....I had a good show and picked up a few bargains...................Dave H

I think it could have been lol maybe I can get it sometime if money allows...

Quote by SADolch View Post
    Ben, Was that my table that you missed the EK 2 for $75.00........near the rest rooms in the large hall?.....I had a good show and picked up a few bargains...................Dave H
    Hey, Dave. I didn't know you were going to be there. I must of walked right by your table and didn't even know it. I wish I would of known. I'm glad to hear you had a good show.
    It's a shame that some of you guys were there and I didn't get the chance to meet anyone. Maybe next year.

Luke

Luke

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast