Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Max show 2013

Article about: Got my days off for Friday and Saturday, but planning on just Friday. Took Saturday as a precaution. Looking forward to this. Has there been any talk of all WRF members wearing the same brig

Default Re: Max show 2013

Got my days off for Friday and Saturday, but planning on just Friday. Took Saturday as a precaution. Looking forward to this. Has there been any talk of all WRF members wearing the same bright colored shirt so we would know who members are? We could also print or write our screen names on the shirts. Would keep cheap anyway.
    Last edited by MD Helmets; 07-24-2013 at 02:42 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Max show  2013
    P
    Many

That's great news, Todd! I'm glad you can make it.

Luke

yea same here Glad you can make it Todd..which brings me to a point of interest.......I can only suggest that we flex our knowledge muscles in the area of collecting that pertains to us most in regards to helping out another fellow collector. My point being and myself as an example..I am shopping for a few other items other than daggers,,to enhance what I already have. Those items most of them I would not have a clue on and i would need to rely on someone who has knowledge of those items. The last thing any of us wants to happen is to leave a Militaria show with " Bum stuff'. Help each other out while your there if someone is not sure of an artifacts authenticity. I want to be able to sit in the bar afterwards at the hotel knowing that I done well during the "hunt" as the rest of us want to feel the same. We got a great bunch of guys here that will be attending and looking forward to meeting you all..and leaning on you for myself. What I am proud of mostly with the WRF members is the Unity we have when facing hard unanswered questions as we always seem t come to the rescue for each other which is what family does. Looking forward to it as it is 2 months away. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Very well said, Larry. I'm looking forward to meeting whatever members can make it. This is one of the most well rounded and down to earth forums I have been to. I never felt as welcomed and as much of a brotherhood on WAF as I feel, and have always felt, here on WRF. The moderating staff is second to none and the broad expertise learned and shared by so many generous members is a comfort. Some people pay money for the same advice and knowledge we have here for free, minus the very modest annual fee, which is well worth it's weight in gold. Maybe i will even use and abuse Larry to find me a nice SA dagger. If i cant find a helmet inteally must have. I haven't decided if I will be staying the night but ill stick around for a brew or two. I'm getting excited for this show!

This is where we have the opportunity to apply our skills and knowledge to approach this ever changing arena of collecting,,discerning what is real and what is not. Dont be fooled...anyone reading this post that everything at these Shows is all authentic..it is up to the ever learning scholar to arm themselves..as to knowing just by taking one look at an artifact. Identify and proceed!! Even some dealers do not know everything or what they have so they can not be held accountable..but we are the ones to be held for our own actions. Parents blame society for their childrens actions when its the parents responsibility to teach. Therefore...regardless of who a dealer or even a person walking up to you trying to make a quick sale...never enter a battlefield ill equipped..your life and your " wallet" depends upon you.
    The first to perish in Militaria Shows are those who say on forums.."real or fake'..and do not want to train themselves. They die first in their wallet. Roaches feed off of others hard work.
    On this Forum from what I have seen are those members who pride themselves on hard work and facts. These are the ones who will excel in their field of 'expertise'..and also the same ones ....one day that will be looked up to ...to pass down to the next generation of collectors what was passed on to them.
    The Members here who study hard pride them selves on an SS approach in a no nonsense serious effort not to be distracted when studying and applying. (( My wording.."SS" should not be taken out of context as it is the hardness and disciplined approach to learning and not a doctrinal view. I use it as a metaphor only!! ))..you get my meaning.
    At these shows..it is we that are on stage and need to perform what we have learned and trained to do over the years until the next show. Have fun with it,,enjoy the shows as this is a great opportunity also as a hands on study of what we only see in images on the computer. make good use of these few days at these shows. I consider it a hands on study,,even if I dont buy anything,,but leaving that day and in my mind coming out with knowledge that images can not provide. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Bravo, Larry. Well said. And think of the benefit of technology we have over collectors from just 10 years ago. We can carry this forum, other forums, photos, phone numbers, emails and texts, E-books and whatever else you can think of right in the palm of our hands. We have a walking gateway to knowledge with these iPhones, androids or whatever type of smart phone you have. If you're looking at a helmet at a table and aren't sure about the decal, you can go to the forum and pull up the database of authentic decals, same with GHW2. Pretty darn amazing...and handy! But, as Larry said, don't be a fool and don't be in a hurry. And be weary of dealers. They are, after all, salesman. Some are better and more professional than others. And then there are the others. Dealers are like criminals: if they committed the crime they can't shut up. They just talk and talk feeding you a story, which is usually a lie, until they sell you on the story and you actually believe it, too. Dealers with good items don't have To say much because they let the items sell themselves. Yes, I know, this isn't true with all dealers, but its true when it applies. My mother has been a dealer at flea markets for over 45 years. She never says much when she is selling, especially when home interior and glassware was hot stuff in the early 90s, and all that was faked, too. She bought good stuff and sold good stuff, so naturally it all sold without her having to sell it with words. Dazzle them with brilliance or baffle them with bulls**t.

Great to see a lot of members will be attending the "Max"....stop by and say HELLO i will be set up in the main hall next to the restrooms.....Dave H

?

If you can't make it to the show like me then Wittmann would probably be there recording it
    Wittmann Antique Militaria - YouTube

Cheers, Pat

Quote by SADolch View Post
    Great to see a lot of members will be attending the "Max"....stop by and say HELLO i will be set up in the main hall next to the restrooms.....Dave H
    I spoke with Dave..and he agreed to use his location as a meeting place for the WRF members...so gentlemen what would be a feasible time to gather for a group photo?...a few hours after the initial shock..maybe around 1pm?....thoughts?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I spoke with Dave..and he agreed to use his location as a meeting place for the WRF members...so gentlemen what would be a feasible time to gather for a group photo?...a few hours after the initial shock..maybe around 1pm?....thoughts?
    Works for me, I'll be sure to put my makeup on. Will he have supplemental oxygen available, I may need some by that point.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast