Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Military World Show - Hop Farm (UK) 2016

Article about: Well, what did we think? Firstly it was great to be "back home" although I didn't really understand why......apart from "the Bank" to watch the vehicles from it's just an

Default Military World Show - Hop Farm (UK) 2016

Well, what did we think?

Firstly it was great to be "back home" although I didn't really understand why......apart from "the Bank" to watch the vehicles from it's just another group of fields right? (Yes, yes I know it's the spiritual home and all that but......)

There were a lot more vehicles than I thought would be there...for those familiar with old W&P the first vehicle field was pretty much full....I'd say 70% and the mix was good. Re-enactors were there (with an 88 too!) but the numbers weren't the same as W&P (this year at least).

There's more stalls than I thought there would be but again, W&P it ain't......yet.

Loads and loads of speculation re what'll happen next year......the biggest worry is cannibalisation of both......there's no point in going head-to-head as we'll all lose yet two events on successive weekends will result in dealer-exhaustion (and cash flow issues!). This one's going head-to-head with Combined Ops at Headcorn but also clashes with Chatham and Farnham (I think).....not good to guarantee the best possible Dealer attendance but rumour is that dates will change next year as will those for War and Peace.

Summary? 'Really enjoyed it, OK stalls for a first event and better than I hoped, great vehicles, good to be "home", now worried about what will happen next year.....oh.....and it's a LOT closer to virtually everywhere than Folkestone!

'Would be interested in other views......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Military World Show - Hop Farm (UK) 2016
    P
    Many

I thought it was good also and look forward to next year , lets see what happens with dates for next year

...a few vehicle snaps - I didn't take any of the stalls (sorry)

Military World Show - Hop Farm (UK) 2016Military World Show - Hop Farm (UK) 2016Attachment 988969Attachment 988970Attachment 988971

I like the SAS style Jeep
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Composite, thank you for the pics, love the 88 mm flak 👍

'not sure if this one's gonna feature in 2017.........'hope I'm wrong....and there was us thinking "...a new big show in Kent...yay!!!!".......oh well....

Dave King, of Military World Show at The Hop Farm, Paddock Wood, and Jeffrey Marfleet jailed