Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Off to Stoneleigh, 2016.......

Article about: I've never been before, but quite honestly fancy a bit of 'day out' so I'll be going up there this Sunday, the 31st. TBH, most of 'my' sort of stuff comes from the European dealers at La Gle

Lightbulb Off to Stoneleigh, 2016.......

I've never been before, but quite honestly fancy a bit of 'day out' so I'll be going up there this Sunday, the 31st. TBH, most of 'my' sort of stuff comes from the European dealers at La Gleize or W&P, so I'm quite relaxed about Stoneleigh which seems to be mainly UK dealers. It'll just be fun to browse around, I hope........

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Off to Stoneleigh, 2016.......
    P
    Many

Up and away at the crack of dawn to pick up Forum member Granatwerfer and arrive early doors at the venue ; meeting up with 'Jagdpanther44' and his Dad to make up a rather jolly ( albeit somewhat damp ! ) little WRF band......

Regulars were saying there was less to see than usual but for first-timers like me and G/W it wasn't a bad show. I was hoping to find a reasonable Heer helmet shell ( ie not from a river-bed ) at not-too-silly money and picked up a nicely-stamped EF64 M40 from a regular seller, plus a small pile of Signal magazines and one or two good books from Paul Meekins . Granatwerfer scored a near-perfect 1942-dated Wehrmacht Jerrycan for £35.

What didn't we quite buy ? That prize must go to the MP44 priced at £3950.......

Quite a few well-known faces around, including a star of the TV screen who was also having a go at the books...all in all, a nice day out.

Last edited by Martin Bull; 01-31-2016 at 08:54 PM.

Thx for the pics, that looks like a good day out ;-)

Maybe I'll try to hit a show this spring just to look, the net is really getting dead for stuff, and it's fun to look - and smell - in person anyway.

Looks pretty good, maybe one day I'll make the trip. there is an antique and collectibles fair in a local church hall next Saturday, I'll give that a go.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I've been for the last 10+ years.....for the "helmeteer", I found this one of the better ones....the spaces usually filled by vehicles and re-enactors (both usually very good I should add) were filled by even more stalls. It was nice to see so much and perhaps the market is indeed picking up......

Arrow

Just to round this thread off, thought I'd take a pic of my little haul from last Sunday. Now I'll have to wait for the big fairs in the Summer.....