Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sabre Sales

Article about: Ouch! thats one expensive extra bag! I had the same coming back from the US this year full of WW2 goodies for the collection but I managed to blag it with the girl at check in forutnately!

Default Sabre Sales

As I am sure some of you already know, right at the end of Castle Street in Southsea, Hampshire (right beside Portsmouth) is Sabre Sales, which is without any doubt my favourite shop relating to my interests in militaria. I’ve been in the shop more times than I can remember since moving to the Hampshire area almost a year ago, and every time I have come away with great items for very good prices. Along with that, the staff are top notch and very helpful, in particular the shop’s owner, Nick Hall who I always end up chatting to for as much time as I do raking through the boxes and shelves in his shop.

It is probably one of the last true traditional army surplus shops in the UK that stocks almost everything you can imagine in bulk, it is more reminiscent to a quartermasters store ready to equip hundreds of soldiers than a shop. Sadly though, it is in the process of closing down and was planned to close its doors later on this year, however due to the massive amounts of things that need to be sold for the shop to be emptied it is very likely to be open well into next year. I highly recommend that if anyone lives in, or is visiting the area pays a visit to the shop as it would be unlikely that you walk away empty handed.

Below are some photographs that I was allowed to take in the shop so you can all get a better idea as to what the shop, or better called a warehouse is like.

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Sabre Sales

Thanks

Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sabre Sales
    P
    Many

Indeed, well worth a visit. The webbing room is always fun to dig into.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Now There is a rare animal-your basic old fashioned Army Surplus shop!
    Last edited by Wagriff; 10-03-2013 at 12:19 AM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

And to think I lived down that way for nearly 18 months and never paid a visit there! What a berk, would have made for a fun afternoon digging about in all that gear.

christ its like pandora's box inside that place men go in and nobody ever comes out well i wouldn't anyway,Jake is MIA...........

wow.very big .can you find through this mess items you want??it must take all day.O.M.G.

?

From fellow Brit reenactors/living historians I knew they always said that for 37 Patt webbing, Sabre was the place to go as they had piles of it. I never realsied what they meant exactly until now!

Id suspect I'd walk in there wanting one easy to find item, not finding it and walking out with bags full of items I never knew I needed!!

I'd love to spend a few hours exploring that place!...

?

Just attached a safety line if you go diving through all that kit!!!

?

I was there a couple of years ago, bought so much webbing I had to buy an extra luggage bag, cost me over 120 Pounds for over weight on the A/C coming back to Canada!!!
    Love to go again.

Dean O.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast