MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SOS with the helmet doctor

Article about: For my fellow helmet collectors. Some pics taken by Anders L. Last 6 years at the helmet doctors tables at the SOS. The man had over 1000 helmets, I saw the catalog. He has set up for many y

Quote by relicz View Post
    Doug's living large these day and enjoying himself,....Good for him!
    Glad to hear it, i have not spoken to Doug for a couple of years, so i am glad he's well. Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SOS with the helmet doctor
    P
    Many

Absolutely incredible! Good thing the iPhones are water resistant because I have drool all over mine hahah thanks David!

I understand the rarity of such a table spread, but really wish there was a show/dealer equivalent in Canada. Slim pickings here, and the shows are not even comparable to that of the EU. Very hard getting hands on experience over here SAD FACE

I believe last show was 2200 tables. The hall is huge, lots of room between tables. Only time it gets a bit crowded is Friday afternoon & Sat when they allow non OVMS members in (general public). But by Thursday evening, we usually have spent about every dollar we brought.
    D.

TWS
    ?

Quote by MilitariaMatt View Post

I understand the rarity of such a table spread, but really wish there was a show/dealer equivalent in Canada. Slim pickings here, and the shows are not even comparable to that of the EU. Very hard getting hands on experience over here SAD FACE
    That's why attendees to both the SOS (~2000 tables) and MAX (~1000 tables) fly in from different continents. If you came down from Canada, you would hardly have traveled the furthest. You should do it.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by TWS View Post
    That's why attendees to both the SOS (~2000 tables) and MAX (~1000 tables) fly in from different continents. If you came down from Canada, you would hardly have traveled the furthest. You should do it.
    Very true! I didn’t even realize this was USA until now. Looks like I will have to make the pilgrimage to Kentucky once I’ve padded my wallet haha

It is worth the experience. Attendees travel from Russia...that's a long way off. Japan in no "trip around the corner either" nor the crew from Norway & Italy.
    D.

TWS
    ?

Quote by MilitariaMatt View Post
    Very true! I didn’t even realize this was USA until now. Looks like I will have to make the pilgrimage to Kentucky once I’ve padded my wallet haha
    I call the SOS the "Superbowl" of our hobby. My attendance has been spotty over the years due to being in the Army and living abroad and then after the Army I also took a long break from the hobby. Now that I am back in the game 100% I intend to go every year if possible. At a minimum you should attend one SOS and one MAX just to see for yourself what the big circuses look like. Be warned: last SOS I spent so much money I questioned my sanity when I got home.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Amazing photos. For those of us who live outside the US, America is the "El dorado" of German militaria. Such a volume of quality pieces, and often at lower prices than in other countries.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3