Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Stoneleigh (UK) 2019

Article about: Well, in less than a month it'll be the annual militaria fest in Warwickshire, UK. This year I'm giving up on the "let's hook-up" suggestion....mainly cos we don't!!! although if t

My choice for the site of the single bonfire would be a difficult one to make... this side of the Pennines, or not too far inside white rose country...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stoneleigh (UK) 2019
    P
    Many

...only a week to go..........

Fingers crossed for snow on the Sunday......(that way I'll make it and no one else will!)

Hi guys,
    I'm planning a trip to stoneleigh on Sunday, does anyone that's been today have any info on both the weather conditions down there and if the recent conditions have adversely affected the stall holders turnout?

Any help is appreciated,

Andre

it's close for me....no issues here (yet)...i went past there a couple of days ago. I'm told the roads may not be too good coming "uphill" from down South but you should be OK once you're close

Nice one composite thank you for your reply, were coming from the north so should be fine.

Andre

Arrow

Well, all in all another nice morning at Stoneleigh. By coincidence, the 'London Crew' pulled up right alongside the 'Composite Crew' in the car park ( we were all doing the early-bird nutcase thing ).

Here are a few snapshots to give a feel of the event - the queue pic was taken at 07:50, temperature -5 C.

Stoneleigh (UK) 2019

Stoneleigh (UK) 2019

Stoneleigh (UK) 2019

Stoneleigh (UK) 2019

Stoneleigh (UK) 2019

It was worth taking advantage of the 'early doors' option ; by 10:00 the place was heaving. We thought the selection of traders had the edge on last year, with a few Continental dealers making the trip. Anyhow, we all came back with something.

I'd had a hard think about what I 'needed' and succeeded - and only £20 over my (high) budget target. Obviously, the rusty one in the pic below is a true relic - bought from a farmer near St Vith in the Ardennes 22 years ago. It's a treasured item in my collection but I'd always hankered after the same thing in OK condition ( ie not too 'minty' )- I have to say that intensive study of older threads on this forum gave me the confidence to spend my money.....

Stoneleigh (UK) 2019

Once again, a good day out - and fun to meet other Forum members

The highlight of the day for me is seeing you back here!!

Nice to see you parking....and catch up in the queue...tho I wish you hadn’t given away the Early Entry tip for next year :-)

I picked up a couple of lids.....including a 2014 Mk6.....that’s a year before Virtus came out!

Welcome home!

Thumbs up

Quote by Composite View Post

...tho I wish you hadn’t given away the Early Entry tip for next year :-)
    Don't worry - the general consensus was that you have to be truly crazy to get there in time......

Glad you actually managed to buy something this year !

Andre......any luck?

Just got back great fair I thought compared to last year, picked myself up a copy of "jugend un hitler" which I've been after for a while along with a couple of WHW Christmas decorations (random I agree).

My son Kian had a good day too picking up a Vietnam M1 helmet with liner and cover, Vietnam second pattern baseball cap, a ww2 British compass and some repro ribbons for his ww2 medals found in a buried tin.

Very cold day but well worth the trip.

Andre

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast