Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

War and Peace show 2013 new venue

Article about: I was there from Monday until yesterday. In effect it is now a new show. As Martin said, it is huge. No way could you walk around and see it all in a day or even two days. Very hot and dusty

Default Re: War and Peace show 2013 new venue

I know you type, sit in the fast lane doing dead on 70mph and won’t budge !!!! Infuriating!! haha

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War and Peace show 2013 new venue
    P
    Many

?

that was him...lol. Cheers Terry.

Should have said " I know the type " I meant you !! haha

Lightbulb Re: War and Peace show 2013 new venue

Well, for better of worse, I've pre-booked my ticket to the event and will most likely be there on the first day. Have to say that I liked Beltring ( it just felt 'traditional' to me ) and view the change with misgiving, but we'll see................

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I would like to do that drive someday. What are your typical highway speed limits? Out here in the Western states we can usually go 75 mph (120 kph). There is a new highway in Texas that has an 85 mph (137 kph) speed limit!
    Most Highways in European Countrys are limited to 120 - 130 kmh.
    Portuguese highways are limited to 120 but hardly no one respects that. You find most cars passing by at 140, 150 kmh, lol

Ok I'm booked in........................got official sign off from the wife for my three day pass. I will be there on the wednesday, Friday and saturday always happy to meet up with any others who want to put a face to a name !!

cheers

Tony

?

Hows it going at The War & Peace show guys? Can anyone give us an update.Its been a scorcher today!!!!

I have to say that somehow, I preferred the venue at Beltring. Getting into the place yesterday morning was rather chaotic ( and we'd pre-booked tickets ) but I guess that can be put down to new-venue glitches. However, Beltring just seemed well-integrated ; you could walk around and see everyting whereas the vehicle park at Folkestone seemed to sprawl forever ; we gave up in the heat.....

The stalls were rather disappointing, although that may well be due to the recession. I went home happy enough with an 8cm mortar round, V1 rudder post and good haul of MDASDA china plus a couple of decent books.

But I doubt whether I'll go again next year ; it'll be Ciney ( or something similar ) for me.............

?

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    I have to say that somehow, I preferred the venue at Beltring. Getting into the place yesterday morning was rather chaotic ( and we'd pre-booked tickets ) but I guess that can be put down to new-venue glitches. However, Beltring just seemed well-integrated ; you could walk around and see everyting whereas the vehicle park at Folkestone seemed to sprawl forever ; we gave up in the heat.....

The stalls were rather disappointing, although that may well be due to the recession. I went home happy enough with an 8cm mortar round, V1 rudder post and good haul of MDASDA china plus a couple of decent books.

But I doubt whether I'll go again next year ; it'll be Ciney ( or something similar ) for me.............
    Thanks for the update Martin !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Yes Thanks Martin.Glad to see You picked up a few goodies too.I fear Ive become a creature of habit and am hummin and haaing wether to go this year or not.It wont be until Sunday if I do go.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast