Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors Show

Article about: by DrCMH Today was my first time attending one of these shows. I think the best part, for me, was meeting Bob Hritz and having a chance to thank him for the advice he gives to us. I saw more

Default Re: West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors Show

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    Well i wont be making the show, as i was involved in a fairly serious car accident on the 210 a few days ago and i am still in a severe amount of pain!
    Sorry to hear, hope all is OK and you are recovering. We will be there when the doors open on Saturday if you happen to end up going anyway, short, balding Indonesia guy (me) and my taller, dirty blond kid with me.

Russ

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors Show
    P
    Many

Im physically sound, other than my left shoulder and upper back radiating pain with every movement!

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, get well soon. There will be other shows, health always comes first.

Here's some traders I'm bringing with me, I'll be looking for HJ shoulder straps and Sigrunes that I don't have. Of course I always bring lots of cash as well!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors Show  

So, is anyone else going? Me and the kid plan to be there when the doors open in the morning!

I'll be there early as well.

Quote by FrankBooth View Post
    I'll be there early as well.
    Very good. Not many of us here in the states oin the forum.

so how was it? I tried to make it this morning but i could barely stand up long enough to get out of bed and relieve myself!

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    so how was it? I tried to make it this morning but i could barely stand up long enough to get out of bed and relieve myself!
    Man....sure sounds like you got banged up pretty good, hope things are on the mend.

The show was good I, lots of great stuff to see. Sadly we do not collect and know very little about german militaria so we walk right by most of the best items. Sadder is the fact that, even with my very limited knowledge, seems that so many sellers their are more than happy to tell you a false story to pass their stuff off as something it is not. But all in all, it was a good time and we managed to bring home a few small trinkets.

Russ

?

Today was my first time attending one of these shows. I think the best part, for me, was meeting Bob Hritz and having a chance to thank him for the advice he gives to us. I saw more people selling things to the vendors rather than purchasing from them. My goal was to find an EK 1 and I think I made out ok.

Best,

CMH

I noticed a few dealers last year coming up with some wild stories, but as other members have said, buy the item, not the story!

As to my condition, Ive seen the doctor and had xrays done, nothing is broken or fractured, Ive just got some severely sore muscles and i suspect my spine is slightly askew! I start physical therapy and seeing a chiropractor monday so hopefully ill be up to par somewhat soon!

Here are some quick shots from the accident, i was sitting in the back seat on the drivers side, so i took the force of the hit.

and the obligatory shot of the freeway we shutdown for an hour!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast