Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WRF at the Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society Gun/ Militaria Show

Article about: Hi Folks, I just got home from what was definitely the best gun/ militaria show I've ever been to. I'm not only talking about the selection/ prices of items (there was a wide range of items

Default Re: WRF at the Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society Gun/ Militaria Show

Quote by kylesbullets View Post
    Also looking at you and the vet., it must be a good experience because there isn't very many around still that were paratroopers.
    Are you not familiar with "Wild Bill" and the Band of Brothers...?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WRF at the Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society Gun/ Militaria Show
    P
    Many

Default Re: WRF at the Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society Gun/ Militaria Show

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Are you not familiar with "Wild Bill" and the Band of Brothers...?
    no but im just speaking overall.

No problem! They're a great group of guys, they have a great story, and certainly did their part to win the war... As long as you know that they didn't win the war on their own, we're good.

?

Man, I would love to go to this, but I can't go and beg my parents to Pennyslvania, just to go to something I like. Plus, I would feel awkward aswell. Would love to meet "Wild Bill" though.

No need to feel awkward! Even Ade started where you guys are!

?

It was a good show.I posted what I got. I saw the stuff you got. I was there friday afternoon and early saturday morning. Hope you did not buy the tan coloured Italian canteen that was in the new section. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Quote by rra227 View Post
    It was a good show.I posted what I got. I saw the stuff you got. I was there friday afternoon and early saturday morning. Hope you did not buy the tan coloured Italian canteen that was in the new section. Rich A. in Pa.
    I'm guessing you said that because you wanted it or it was fake...

Quote by rra227 View Post
    Hi Rich,

I'm not exactly sure what section was the new section...? What is potentially wrong with my canteen?

?

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......that was a relaxing tone, lol ....... not to steal the thunder from Joe, just adding my experience as well. First and foremost, it was awesome to actually meet Joe in person !!!!!! He and i definitely have formed a great friendship, one that i am sure will last our lifetime !!!!! It was also great to meet Mark and his son, Mark(the sequel)...lol...............I must say that meeting Wild Bill was a very humbling experience as well as as one of pure excitement !!!!!!!! His Philly attitude was just as you would expect and from watching the series Band of Brothers more times than i can can count, i almost feel as if i know him on a deeper level. Frank J. Hughes brought "Wild Bill" to life with a superb job in the mini series !!!! As for the show itself, i had a blast !!!!! For once i didn't purchase a lot.....nor did i sell a lot, but the overall experience was amazing !!!!!! As Joe has pointed out, at my expense (that's one...lol), there is always a lot to learn !!!! I definitely am not a gun guy, lol .........Kyle, you would have had a blast !!!!!!!!! No need to feel out of place at all !!!!! Joe offered some great advice to you !!!!! My own tid-bit, NEVER,NEVER,NEVER try on original helmets !!! As tempting as it may be, you can rip the liner, etc. and a ripped liner in an original SS lid, ....well we all know the outcome. Also advice, at my own expense yet again, be extremely careful when handling other collectors/vendors items !!!!!! I went to move a sword, which was not secured in the scabbard properly and unfortunately the sword slid out onto the floor, hilt first .......breaking the guard loop. Fortunately, the owner was a good friend, and only beat me slightly .......I still feel horrible Iggy !!!!!!!! ......anyhow, my "2 cents" has turned into like $10, i must actually get to bed, back to work tom. I am adding my pic with Bill as well, enjoy ..... i hope to see some more of you all in February !!!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WRF at the Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society Gun/ Militaria Show  

?

Nice one guys sounds like you had a great time , meeting friends , buying / selling and handling and learning about militaria and meeting Wild Bill as well , it doesn't get any better than than !!

Good to see Bill looking as feisty as ever

Kyle are you really saying you haven't heard of the Band of Brothers ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast