Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1941 Soviet helmet

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Hi Mo, might be worth you buying it too. Cheers, Ade. I can't afford it, but I have received a couple of pm's about it. I am always on the lookout for stuff for folks on

Default 1941 Soviet helmet

Hi guys,

I reserved this today. I do not know much about Soviet helmets, so could I get some opinions and a little education please? I believe that this is an SSh-39. Am I correct?

I like it a lot and I hope you guys do, too. It I have reserved it, so it is not in my hands, however it will cost $200. Again, sorry about the lack of outside photos. I don't know how I forgot to do that.

Thanks,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1941 Soviet helmet   1941 Soviet helmet  

1941 Soviet helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1941 Soviet helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1941 Soviet helmet

its original helmnet like this used by soviet soldier on stalingrad and cheap 200 dolars i dont like soviet things only german but this is ok and nice

?

This SH-39 looks like OK. Price is good too.

?

Very nice Ssch-39 in super condition, for a bargain price.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I advised Mo to buy it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

200 is a decent price... However it does appear to be possibly missing the metal chinstrap termination,and is hard to tell in the photos if it is an example made without the graylex sweat band or if it has been removed.

Thanks guys!

He had two of them, each for $200. I chose this one because the date was still legible. The other one is also an SSh-39, but the date has been worn off. That other helmet has an odd bit of padding in it though. It looks like a bunch of little black triangles that were pressed together. Is that what greylex is?

Hi Mo, here is the greylex sweatband in mine.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1941 Soviet helmet  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mo, here is the greylex sweatband in mine.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade, that's exactly it!

It looked funny to me, and I though that it was just an odd post-war addition.

Hi Mo, might be worth you buying it too.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast