Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1941 Soviet helmet

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Hi Mo, might be worth you buying it too. Cheers, Ade. I can't afford it, but I have received a couple of pm's about it. I am always on the lookout for stuff for folks on

Default Re: 1941 Soviet helmet

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mo, might be worth you buying it too.

Cheers, Ade.
    I can't afford it, but I have received a couple of pm's about it.

I am always on the lookout for stuff for folks on the forum. It would be nice to see that second helmet go to someone from here. I will get photos of it next time I am there.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1941 Soviet helmet
    P
    Many

I got the helmet today! I am very pleased with it. It's a nice Ssh-39 that has been untouched since the war. The chinstrap hasn't even been adjusted in years. It is a Leningrad example, size 2A, and dated 1941. The sweatband appears to have been removed. Also, it appears to have been period repainted, or something. There is perfectly matching paint on the outside that has been very carefully brushed on. Did these come like this from the factory? It also has a dent protruding outward from the top. It looks like it was perhaps a distant bullet strike, or someone's attempt at putting it up on a pole. I suppose I will never know, but it looks cool anyway.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1941 Soviet helmet   1941 Soviet helmet  

1941 Soviet helmet   1941 Soviet helmet  

1941 Soviet helmet  

I got its brother, too, but this will soon be on the other side of the world.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1941 Soviet helmet  

Sooooo excited!

Looks great Mo, love the colour and the liner, really impressive lid. Good soild soviet example.

Cheers
    Jason

I'm glad you like it Jason! I will always wonder how they got to America. They were brought back by a local veteran, and that's all the info the dealer and I have on them.

Obviously it was a G.I. who was perhaps in Germany or Czechoslovakia in May of 1945, although it could have been brought back during the occupation era.

Good to know they were a vet bring back. Would love to think I was a friendly exchange of items from a groups of soldiers towards the end of the war, would explain why there were not touched. Also to not have been refurbed is just great, like a time capsule back to the war. Just to hard to get Soviet helmets like this.

Cant wait to receive the twin

Cheers
    Jason

what superb examples and very nice to see close up photos and mo you got a bargain for 200 dollars well done to the both of you ,james

?

Hello, does a sweatband of material other than Greylex indicate most likely a reproduction piece that has been "aged"? I've seen a few for sale that look vintage but the sweatband material appears to have a fabric texture in it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2