Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2 Russian Steel Helmets

Article about: Good!

Default 2 Russian Steel Helmets

Hi everyone, I recently received two helmets as gifts from a family member. (They bought them, did not own them). I've been doing some research online about identifying marks and such and came across this forum. Was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what i have here.

First helmet.(hopefully these work EDIT. Images wont show up, ill try another way.)

Ill make another post with info on second helmet when i get the images up. Thanks for any help.

ImageShack Album - 5 images That link should take you to the images.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 Russian Steel Helmets
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 2 Russian Steel Helmets

You can upload pic directly her on the forum. Just scroll down when you make your post and look for the "upload pictures" icon. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks. Here are the pictures of the first helmet again.

2 Russian Steel Helmets2 Russian Steel Helmets2 Russian Steel Helmets2 Russian Steel Helmets2 Russian Steel Helmets

And here is the Second helmet.
    2 Russian Steel Helmets2 Russian Steel Helmets2 Russian Steel Helmets2 Russian Steel Helmets2 Russian Steel Helmets

?

Hi! I am sure that both of these SSH-40 helmets are made to Lysvensky Steel Plant (LMZ). Timeframe - 1942-1945 years. After service in wartime have been renovated in 1948-1950 in the same factory. All ink stamps, which survived, are a post-war. After repairs helmets continued serve in military units. At this time, repeatedly repainted. Red Star has the post-war, unapproved forms, and is the unofficial emblem affixed in the manner of unregulated initiatives in military units. Stigma "1943" - a fake. Tactical identification symbol is also very well preserved after the mechanical removal of the top paint layer, and I think that it is not original.
    But overall, this is a good soviet helmets of the Cold War era.

Thanks for all the info mixer, I'm glad to know more about them. One thing I forgot to mention and take pictures of, is they both have a small "star" stamped into the underside of the brim. I've read differing opinions on what this means. Any concrete info?

?

This is one of the hallmarks of acceptance of a military representative at the factory.

?

Help please. I have what I believe to be a 1940 SSh-39 helmet with red star which is in relatively good shape. I'm reasonably sure that it's an original as it was handed down from my uncle who fought in WWII and based on the limited research I have done has all the other indicators that it is authentic. My only concern is I can't seem to locate the producers stamp; can someone please tell me where in the helmet the stamp indicating which factory produced is generally located and whether the marking were inked or etched into the helmet? Thanks.

?

They are on the inner surface of the shell, opposite the visor, or a little to the left, near to the edge of the shell. But it would be better to show you pictures of your helmet.

?

Mixer: Thanks, I will post pics as soon as I can figure out how to do so (old guy, new technology.)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Russian Steel Helmets   2 Russian Steel Helmets  

2 Russian Steel Helmets   2 Russian Steel Helmets  

2 Russian Steel Helmets  
    Last edited by LSiro; 11-12-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Dom
    ?

Help please. I have what I believe to be a 1940 SSh-39 helmet with red star which is in relatively good shape.
    You give the answer to your question ?
    LMZ factory dated 40

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast