MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

2 X Ssh 36

Article about: Found this picture in "Russian Helmets: From Kaska to Stalshlyem" The liner looks very similar to the one in Lars' ssh36.

?

Default Re: 2 X Ssh 36

Quote by col james View Post
    its nice to see close up detailed pictures of your more complete examples lars my 36 pair are more relics than complete ,your shells are nice and solid , it looks like the first example has had a little post war refurbishment judging by the mint condition liner wether this is a modern copy i cant really comment ,thanks for showing
    The liner is far from mint. The liner band is quite stiff. That is why i did not lift it to take pics underneath it. The liner is most likely a replacement liner as the normal Ssh36 liners are attached with the "ribbed" outer liner band attachment. It's hard to say when the liner was replaced. I hope someone can clarify this The rivets look very much like the WW2 LMZ "blockade" repair rivet seen on Ssh39's. I have posted one here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/headg...d-star-280816/

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 X Ssh 36
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

Really hard to say, it takes a little of time to study a little the beast

?

Quote by Dom View Post
    Really hard to say, it takes a little of time to study a little the beast
    The blue fabric have the same color fabric as i have seen on many different WW2 items, such as trouser liners, Gymnastierka pockets and so on.

Regards, Lars

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Bloody ugly helmets but i'd like one in my collection!...

Are you kidding, the ssh36 is the Rolls Royces of helmets

?

Almost as good looking as the Danish M23

Regards, Lars

Dom
    ?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    The blue fabric have the same color fabric as i have seen on many different WW2 items, such as trouser liners, Gymnastierka pockets and so on.

Regards, Lars
    Yes also used in Leningrad

?

Yes Dom. However i am not really an "expert" on Ssh-36 helmets. I have a good feeling about it and i rarely end up with bad items It looks very good in hand. I just wonder if it's a Leningrad blockade helmet. It's not really a cheap helmet.

Regards, Lars

Now that is a bizarre liner... How many rivets does it have? I also think with high certainty that it is some sort of imaginative replacement. I am curious if there are rivets on the sides where the chinstrap loops are located. Ssh-36 generally had 3 rivets, but there were some built where the split tabs were spot welded in place. These have no visible rivets.

Quote by Shadwellarmy View Post
    Are you kidding, the ssh36 is the Rolls Royces of helmets
    No, it's the Rolls Royce of Adrian helmets. Not sure it would stop a sling stone.

?

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    Now that is a bizarre liner... How many rivets does it have? I also think with high certainty that it is some sort of imaginative replacement. I am curious if there are rivets on the sides where the chinstrap loops are located. Ssh-36 generally had 3 rivets, but there were some built where the split tabs were spot welded in place. These have no visible rivets.
    There are 6 rivets. If you look closely you will see that the CS loops are mounted on the liner attachments Don't be too sure on the imaginative liner just yet Mike

Regards, Lars

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast