Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

2 X Ssh 36

Article about: Found this picture in "Russian Helmets: From Kaska to Stalshlyem" The liner looks very similar to the one in Lars' ssh36.

Default Re: 2 X Ssh 36

Found this picture in "Russian Helmets: From Kaska to Stalshlyem"

2 X Ssh 36

The liner looks very similar to the one in Lars' ssh36.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 X Ssh 36
    P
    Many

?

Thank you Mads. There are some small differences. Both have six rivets but in different configurations. If it's a "Leningrad Blockade" helmet i will guess it can be difficult to keep track of the variations made there. The liner band set up looks strange i will agree, but the liner itself is not too bad looking, or far from the one you posted Mads.

Regards, Lars

This helmet looks more like a helmet restored for reenactment has a helmet collectable.

if I apply the same principles as for a german helmets (M35 for exemple), I arrived at these conclusions

The liner is fake that has never been worn the tissue did not fold, not dirty (in reenactement in some day the lining of my boudionovka to take shape and was soiled)

The chinstrap is a copy (the thread, sewing are modern)

painting is questionable: the angular parts are not worn (look at the photo).

2 X Ssh 362 X Ssh 36

So with the same criteria as for M35 Stahlhelm, I came to the conclusion that: good sheel restored.

This helmet is amazing for the reenactment. I want it!
    Last edited by Boudionovka; 03-20-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Hi,
    Here are photos of a Ssh. 36, lot of that comes found many years ago.
    The interior is blue canvas, it has 3 rivets. I made a picture of the inside presence pads, red cloth.
    Pictures :
    2 X Ssh 362 X Ssh 362 X Ssh 362 X Ssh 36
    Regards.

Lar's, I am open to learn but must say that is the strangest Ssh-36 I have seen in a while. I wish we could see more of the liner. I agree the liner is somewhat similar to the strange hybrid Ssh-39 in the Clawson book. But look carefully at that helmet. I think some of the rivets in that helmet are simply plugged holes and do not support the liner. With the interior shot, you can see the backside of one rivet.

Philippe's helmet is a blockade helmet. The liner in it is suspended from three new placed rivets high on the dome like an Ssh-39. The blockade helmets are actually fairly standardized in their construction methods.

?

Philippe's helmet is very nice indeed. I also see differences in the construction of the liner "sock". There are 6 support legs from the liner band and they attach to the rivets. I tried to lift the sweat band when i took pics, but they made a bad cracking sound and it did not felt good to continue. I can try and undo the draw string and take some pics there. I am just not sure i will be able to tie it again. It's very short. I will try and see what the Russian forum says.

Regards, Lars

?

News on the Ssh-36 with liner!

I called the guy i got it from. I know him quite well and because of that did not ask too many questions. He is my age and a former Red Army, later Russian Army Officer. He found 12-15 of these 10yrs or so ago in Belarus/White Russia, in a Army warehouse. All are sold except this one. He have no specific info on the liner setup. He think they might be field made repairs maybe.

Regards, Lars

Dom
    ?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    News on the Ssh-36 with liner!

I called the guy i got it from. I know him quite well and because of that did not ask too many questions. He is my age and a former Red Army, later Russian Army Officer. He found 12-15 of these 10yrs or so ago in Belarus/White Russia, in a Army warehouse. All are sold except this one. He have no specific info on the liner setup. He think they might be field made repairs maybe.

Regards, Lars
    Probably, repaired and stored in Army warehouse for civil defense.

?

I will put the helmet up on a Russian forum and see if anyone there have some info on this helmet/liner setup. But at least we know they came out of Belarus and a an Army storage.

Regards, Lars

?

This wonderful helmet really is one of a small batch of SSH-36 with identical atypical liners. I can not say exactly from where - from Belarus or Ukraine. But somewhere in there. The general opinion on the Russian forums, and I fully support it, it's the early post-war adaptation to the local civil defense - MPVO. These helmets really cropped up about 10 pieces. Nice collector's item.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast