Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

3 x WW2 Pilotka for opinions please

Article about: ...and BTW, this star appears to be postwar also - model of 1947, 24MM or so.

Default Re: 3 x WW2 Pilotka for opinions please

...and BTW, this star appears to be postwar also - model of 1947, 24MM or so.
    Attached Images Attached Images 3 x WW2 Pilotka for opinions please 
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 x WW2 Pilotka for opinions please
    P
    Many

Hi Richie,
    Great information, Thanks!
    I have gone through every thread I can find on the forums in regards to the cap stars, and this is the first time I have heard they are only 22mm big....the one you show as wartime is an exact match to the ones I have seen in the endless ww2 photos I have looked at. The 22mm would explain why the H&S look bigger and nearly touch the edges of the star.
    The next question is, where are there any ww2 stars for sale? I have not seen one single star I consider wartime on any website I have looked at. (in english anyway)

Thanks,
    Brett

Quote by RichieC View Post
    ...and BTW, this star appears to be postwar also - model of 1947, 24MM or so.
    Richie, the star here is a 22mm (slightly under actually) and should be proper for this cap. It has some vaulting which may distort the arms in this view.

Regarding the stars on the other two pilotka...

I have made it a point as I have ventured into the "dealer" side of this hobby to embrace these forums and take the salt along with the sugar along the way. This is opposed to many of the old time dealers here in the U.S. in particular who deride these forums as it exposes transgressions both unintentional and intentional.

The three pilotka in question here have been offered on my web site Frontovik Militaria & Scale Models as original material.

Brett has posted here for review for which I do not fault, but would encourage. As result RichieC has expressed opinion that the larger, narrow armed stars are actually 1947 era Naval stars. As result, I worry that Brett now feels somewhat defrauded as his 1939 dated pilotka works its way through customs in his homeland. If the star is postwar, I will rectify this situation. However, I would ask that this style star be discussed further for all our benefit.

This star is one I often run up against, and often on pilotka. As such I have long considered it an appropriate variation, but I am not against learning otherwise as such a badge is an easy thing to swap. To RichieC's point, using the little red book on Soviet hat badges (Collect Russia <b>"Hat Badges"</b> the definitive guide to badges of Soviet headgear 1918 - 1991. Soviet Russian), the best match for this cap star is in fact a Naval type. However, this reference attaches a 1943 date to this star. If it is a wartime star, its use on headgear other than what the design offices intended is pretty much a given.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2