Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

СШ- 40 white camo helmet by ZKO factory, 1941 dated

Article about: Here I will share the helmet from my friend's collection, he 'll going to sell it, and I've make some pictures before the helmets will be sold. As mus part of ZKO factory made helmets, there

?

Default СШ- 40 white camo helmet by ZKO factory, 1941 dated

Here I will share the helmet from my friend's collection, he 'll going to sell it, and I've make some pictures before the helmets will be sold.
    As mus part of ZKO factory made helmets, there a couple of differences between the LMZ helmets. The chinstraps is very cheapy made, most part of the helmets has a cotton made liners, and the inner part liner fastening is made trough the rivets, as in the same time LMZ has a metal plate instead of rivets
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture СШ- 40 white camo helmet by ZKO factory, 1941 dated   СШ- 40 white camo helmet by ZKO factory, 1941 dated  

СШ- 40 white camo helmet by ZKO factory, 1941 dated   СШ- 40 white camo helmet by ZKO factory, 1941 dated  

СШ- 40 white camo helmet by ZKO factory, 1941 dated   СШ- 40 white camo helmet by ZKO factory, 1941 dated  

СШ- 40 white camo helmet by ZKO factory, 1941 dated  
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement СШ- 40 white camo helmet by ZKO factory, 1941 dated
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: СШ- 40 white camo helmet by ZKO factory, 1941 dated

Graet post Dimas it's always interesting to see Soviet camo helmets especially white ones.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Dom
    ?

Hi Dimas ,
    nice helmet , Thank you for having presented

?

thanks for showing your friends helmet dimas , it`s very special and in super condition
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Interesting helmet variation. I will offer one caveat regardin winter camo Soviet helmets. Was is wartime or theater done in the 50s or 60s for some "Battle of Moscow" movie or similar. I don't think you can tell and would caution against paying too much a premium for it. This is my opinion of course.

?

Hi Michael, the helmets is not painted in theater for sure, they was picked up with other German helmets which was sent to the theater from the Museum of Red Army in Moscow. Some of them had museum inventory tags. Also I have one SS helmet from the same place, some of them was battledamaged, circa 20 % of the helmets in that bunch was soviet, and all of them was camouflaged, and all was different paint colored. Even my very early M 36 from the same place. Most part of helmets are still sits in the Russian collections. But only a chance to get it just now, from the Feliks collection
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Dimas,

Nice to have such a special situation to offer some provenance. My comments were a more general warning about single pieces offered for sale with no such confirmed source. With such, there is really no way to tell for sure.

Mike