Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Amoeba Helmet Cover Question

Article about: Hi everyone. I just have a quick question about the early camo helmet cover known as “amoeba” camo, regarding the first year they were produced. Was production of these covers started in 193

?

These are exactly covers. Exploring the available photos, I came to the conclusion that all famous Soviet amoeba covers were used in July - August 1939 in the Halhingol/Nomongan conflict. All covers were on the helmets of servicemen of the staff of the 36th motorized rifle brigade. And they are all handmade. So far I have known 5 varieties.
    In my opinion, this is due to the appointment in June 1939 of the commander of the 36 motorized rifle division, Daniil Petrov (right on 1st photo). Previously, kombrig Petrov commanded the 204th airborne brigade. For the paratrooper, the transfer to the infantry, albeit with a promotion, but still not a very joyful event. Maybe somehow stand out from the "earth-worm" he and his closest subordinates, whom he was able to gather with them, used these covers. And the divisional workshops at the location of the division for the day could sew them.Amoeba Helmet Cover Question
    Last edited by mixer; 04-03-2019 at 08:35 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Amoeba Helmet Cover Question
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2