Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another Ssh-40

Article about: Hi, I watched the stamp and apart from the delicacy of this stamp, I like this marking well. There are similarities in the markings of the years 39-40 and 41 and similarities with the markin

Default Another Ssh-40

Forum,

How about some comments on this one...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Ssh-40  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another Ssh-40
    P
    Many

Default Re: Another Ssh-40

Hi,
    This is the first time I saw the markings on this type of helmet ...... failing "to have in the hands" I can not give an opinion, but the marking is really "net "If you compare avc marking 41, 44 .. 45 ....
    Regards.
    Philippe

Michael,

Nice stamp and nice looking helmet pads. Please post more photos of the helmet if you have them. They are invaluable reference material.

Regards,

Gus

Hi,

Sorry, I n like not the marking.

Marc

Quote by Soljenitsyne View Post
    Hi,
    Sorry, I n like not the marking.
    Marc
    Please explain what it is about it you do not like. The stamp is the correct composition, the correct size, correct location. There is zero evidence another stamp was removed or this one altered. One thing that makes me pause is the fact that it is neater and clearer than most... but that always makes me second guess. In itself, that may be ok. However, there is one detail of the stamp that I have some concern about, but will hold that for now. I'd like to see if anyone else notices it.

Please, more comments... not just Marc, I'll take all opinions

Hello,

The calligraphie of letters and figures does not please me for a helmet of this periode, I think that l have should find a plug similar to the SSH39.
    Regards

Marc

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    Please explain what it is about it you do not like. The stamp is the correct composition, the correct size, correct location. There is zero evidence another stamp was removed or this one altered. One thing that makes me pause is the fact that it is neater and clearer than most... but that always makes me second guess. In itself, that may be ok. However, there is one detail of the stamp that I have some concern about, but will hold that for now. I'd like to see if anyone else notices it.

Please, more comments... not just Marc, I'll take all opinions
    It is not clear enough in the photo, but it looks like the first stamped number in the metal is a 2 (correct me if I am wrong), which is supposed to be the size of the helmet, while the ink stamp indicates it is a size 1 helmet.

As for the rest, I cannot see anything wrong with it (with my limited knowledge).

Regards,

Gus

Gus,

No, the helmet shell is size one so the stamp information is correct. This helmet is dated 42 as can be seen. This is transitional period for the Lysma factory. The stamp used prior in Ssh-39, as we know, had the full LMZ abreviation. Such a full LMZ stamp as in Ssh-39 can be found dated 39, 40, and 41 for Ssh-39. I have never seen a 42 dated stamp in that style, so if anyone has one, please show it. I do own an Ssh-40 with a full LMZ stamp dated 41. In my opinion the stamp configuration shown in my first example is correct for this vintage helmet. It shows up with some regularity if you chase helmets to the extent that I do. However, I would be open to a full LMZ stamp dated 42 as well. I simply have never seen one.

Here is another 42 dated Ssh-40 in similar configuration. However, I feel better about this second example. Other than the sharper characters in the first stamp I showed, can anyone see the other difference?

?

Agreed
    Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    Gus,

No, the helmet shell is size one so the stamp information is correct. This helmet is dated 42 as can be seen. This is transitional period for the Lysma factory. The stamp used prior in Ssh-39, as we know, had the full LMZ abreviation. Such a full LMZ stamp as in Ssh-39 can be found dated 39, 40, and 41 for Ssh-39. I have never seen a 42 dated stamp in that style, so if anyone has one, please show it. I do own an Ssh-40 with a full LMZ stamp dated 41. In my opinion the stamp configuration shown in my first example is correct for this vintage helmet. It shows up with some regularity if you chase helmets to the extent that I do. However, I would be open to a full LMZ stamp dated 42 as well. I simply have never seen one.

Here is another 42 dated Ssh-40 in similar configuration. However, I feel better about this second example. Other than the sharper characters in the first stamp I showed, can anyone see the other difference?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hello,

Thank you for your information, the marking of 2 helmet pleases me, but the marking of the first one continues has to displease me.

Marc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast