Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Budenovka opinions please

Article about: Hi Guys This came with some other caps a while back and as I am a collector of German items I never really looked at it. I understand though that original old caps are rather rare? Well this

Default Budenovka opinions please

Hi Guys

This came with some other caps a while back and as I am a collector of German items I never really looked at it. I understand though that original old caps are rather rare? Well this one is certainly old and seen a good deal of wear- the leather is brittle and it only retains one wooden button- I am guessing late WW1 or 1920's period? It also has what appears to be a film company stamp so has been in a prop department at some point in it's life.

Could anyone please deal me about it and also what sort of value such a thing would have?

Many thanks

Patrick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Budenovka opinions please   Budenovka opinions please  

Budenovka opinions please   Budenovka opinions please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Budenovka opinions please
    P
    Many

On ebay authentic ones are selling for $300 +

Repoductions are selling for $15

Looks like a old reproduction to me , await more comments .

I honestly haven't seen any real budenovkas for sale on ebay and I wouldnt advice to look for one there.

The construction and material of this is really odd to me, comparing to the one's I've seen and the cockarde is post war, to the best of my knowledge.

These are just my rookie opinions and I've never actually held one in hand, so I would wait for more experienced members thoughts.

please post some more pics of the inside ink stamps. the one i can clearly see ends in "... FILM" which perhaps suggests that it's a movie prop. also the outside material is unusual.

The "Film" text is obviously written in Latin letters. I will just go ahead and say it's an old repro, the star in it is model 1947.

I am not "uppity-up" on these, but I do own quite a few examples myself, some that I still consider questionable and have not gotten around to researching.

Perhaps a question to our Russian colleagues on (CLICK HERE): Russiamilitaria.ru would better clarify your inquiry.

Finnish Aleks , perhaps you will ask - you are able to write in and understand Russian, Да?

If not, I will be more than happy to, but not in the near future. I already have enough pending and incomplete debates with our colleagues over there as it is - and little time to continue, regrettably...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by RichieC View Post
    I am not "uppity-up" on these, but I do own quite a few examples myself, some that I still consider questionable and have not gotten around to researching.

Perhaps a question to our Russian colleagues on (CLICK HERE): Russiamilitaria.ru would better clarify your inquiry.

Finnish Aleks , perhaps you will ask - you are able to write in and understand Russian, Да?

If not, I will be more than happy to, but not in the near future. I already have enough pending and incomplete debates with our colleagues over there as it is - and little time to continue, regrettably...
    My Russian skills are poor, but I will ask my girlfriends help for posting the budenovka to the forum. I will do it within a week, as I have a lot going on right now.