MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Can someone help me identify this Soviet helmet?

Article about: Hi, I recently bought a "WW2" Soviet helmet in Georgia (the country). I did some research and I decided it was closer to an SSH -60 than anything else. However it has a leather chi

Default Can someone help me identify this Soviet helmet?

Hi,
    I recently bought a "WW2" Soviet helmet in Georgia (the country). I did some research and I decided it was closer to an SSH -60 than anything else. However it has a leather chin strap, and what I am confused about is the clip on the chin strap, it's rounded off and I can't find helmets with that kind of strap anywhere else. Is this helmet a fake (looks pretty worn to be a fake)? Or is the chinstrap simply replaced, if so what model is it? Also the stamp is gone for some reason, however there is a serial number. Any help is much appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can someone help me identify this Soviet helmet?   Can someone help me identify this Soviet helmet?  

Can someone help me identify this Soviet helmet?   Can someone help me identify this Soviet helmet?  

Can someone help me identify this Soviet helmet?   Can someone help me identify this Soviet helmet?  

Can someone help me identify this Soviet helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can someone help me identify this Soviet helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Ssh-68

Any idea what year this could have been made in (kinda hard to tell without a stamp), also any ideas what the price would be for this, it's pretty worn so I assume it's not too valuable.

?

About 1990-1991

Dom
    ?

I have a Ssh 68 dated 88 with the for same Buckle in mint condition .These helmet are not expensive .

I would say this Ssh 68 shows the hallmarks of an soviet /afghanistan war bring back