Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

cccp steel helmet

Article about: Hi I'm New and I need help with a helmet I just got. Its a Russian Soviet Helmet with C C C P on the Front a sideways number 2 inside it with to daggers or swords and a small 58 stamped insi

Default cccp steel helmet

Hi I'm New and I need help with a helmet I just got. Its a Russian Soviet Helmet with C C C P on the Front a sideways number 2 inside it with to daggers or swords and a small 58 stamped inside. then it has a pressed number 15 in the back, the liner is leather all one piece with 8 flaps with 5 holes in each flap and a string tied holding the flaps together. The liner also has a snap button on the back part to adjust sizes. The chin strap is leather and has a buckle.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement cccp steel helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: cccp steel helmet

Hello Ranger45,

Firstley welcome mate. I hope you get the help you need but without pictures it is normally very hard for people to help.

It said it quite clearly on my school report card 'lacks imagination'. I wouldn't know about Russian stuff anyway but Ade is the man and will sort it for you.

All the best

Jock

it wouldn't let me upload them, I tried to follow the tutorial but it didn't work. I didn't see the manage attachmets button.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I can tell you that the helmet is almost certainly not Soviet, but is actually Czech.

The description of the liner and crossed swords stamp confirms this.

Cheers, Ade.

Default pics cccp steel helmet

sorry about that here are the pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture cccp steel helmet   cccp steel helmet  

cccp steel helmet   cccp steel helmet  

thanks for your help.

My pleasure.

The "CCCP" is red letters will not be original to the helmet. I suspect this will have been added to try and make it look "Russian" and make it more saleable.

Cheers, Ade.

?

It is not a Soviet helmet, but one of the Social republics issue
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

thanks, I also have a german helmet I need help telling if its real or a repo, I'll try to upload some pics.

Hello all,
    I also have one of these helmets. I agree that the CCCP has probably been added to increase it's 'selling power', (mine has no markings on the shell exterior).
    As far as I know mine is a Russian Ssh 40 shell with a postwar Czech liner refurbished in 1952. The crossed daggers and 52 are marked inside the leather chinstrap, and also printed on the front inside of helmet shell.
    Don't take my word though, Ade is definitely the man for Russian kit!
    Hope this helps,
    Cheers,
    navyman.