Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake Soviet Visor Cap

Article about: Hi guys, I picked up this visor cap from a street seller in Berlin a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly, I paid 50 Euros for this... And I'm 99% sure that it's fake. I have exactly

?

Default Fake Soviet Visor Cap

Hi guys,

I picked up this visor cap from a street seller in Berlin a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly, I paid 50 Euros for this... And I'm 99% sure that it's fake.

I have exactly 0 knowledge in Soviet militaria, however, so I was hoping that someone could confirm my thoughts.

Thanks!

Fake Soviet Visor Cap

Fake Soviet Visor Cap

Fake Soviet Visor Cap

Fake Soviet Visor Cap

Fake Soviet Visor Cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake Soviet Visor Cap
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

Pattern 69 , troop / nco

Chinstrap is incorrect but this cap is genuine , Zarnitsa factory / Kalinin dated 89 .

?

Thanks!

I am not surprised about the chinstrap at all as it was the primary reason I thought the whole cap was fake. I am pleased to hear that some of it could be genuine.

What about the stars holding the chinstrap? They look pretty cheap and I can't find any other visor cap with them...

ASR
    ?

Hello,

The little stars are subdued field use for the forage cap, panama slouch hat or the visor cap with earflps, usually 70´´ or 80´´ vintage.

The strap is not faked is late 80´´ quality officers type. What is incorrect is the matching with other ranks star-and-wreath insignia.

You can either replace the chinstrap for a black celluloid one either you can replace the insignia with an officers cockade.

These compositions were -and are common- with caps offered to tourists

Dom
    ?

Quote by ASR View Post
    Hello,

The strap is not faked is late 80´´ quality officers type. What is incorrect is the matching with other ranks star-and-wreath insignia.

You can either replace the chinstrap for a black celluloid one either you can replace the insignia with an officers cockade.

These compositions were -and are common- with caps offered to tourists
    Hello,

for the officers the headband is in velvet ( Armored, artillery or technical troops ) .
    I would add that this chinstrap is not Soviet , see below

Fake Soviet Visor Cap

nice visor here is my one and only soviet era visor ,roll down the liner band ,you might find another stamp as i did Fake Soviet Visor CapFake Soviet Visor CapFake Soviet Visor CapFake Soviet Visor Cap

ASR
    ?

Hello,

These chinstraps are much encountered on caps made in Ukraine about 1990 / 1991. Consisting of a yellow silky rayon type thread. If it was regulation or just an <<ersatz>> measure to save costs is something I cannot tell.

It seems also that velvet was only permitted for other services apart from Armoured Troops and thus was not the rule for Artillery. I have never seen this printed on the 1969 regulation (but may be it exists, I am not 100 per cent sure).

Dom
    ?

Quote by ASR View Post
    Hello,

These chinstraps are much encountered on caps made in Ukraine about 1990 / 1991. Consisting of a yellow silky rayon type thread. If it was regulation or just an <<ersatz>> measure to save costs is something I cannot tell.
    Hello ,

Ever seen, moreover the one James watch is manufactured in Ukraine and dated 91
    not that of Reich.

Can you show a concrete example ?

ASR
    ?

I dont collect so late postwar items... but I have a friend who has an infantry Ukrainian cap (soviet type M1969 construction with red band but Ukrainian trident cockade and buttons, same interior with the small white
    tag). If I can make a pic I'll post.

ASR
    ?

I enclose this posting from ebay I ve just found. very much like my friend´´s:
    UKRAINIAN ARMY OFFICER PARADE VISOR HAT CAP | eBay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast