Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fake Soviet Visor Cap

Article about: Hi guys, I picked up this visor cap from a street seller in Berlin a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly, I paid 50 Euros for this... And I'm 99% sure that it's fake. I have exactly

ASR
    ?

UKRAINIAN ARMY OFFICER PARADE VISOR HAT CAP | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake Soviet Visor Cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake Soviet Visor Cap
    P
    Many

?

Quote by ASR View Post
    Hello,

The little stars are subdued field use for the forage cap, panama slouch hat or the visor cap with earflps, usually 70´´ or 80´´ vintage.

The strap is not faked is late 80´´ quality officers type. What is incorrect is the matching with other ranks star-and-wreath insignia.

You can either replace the chinstrap for a black celluloid one either you can replace the insignia with an officers cockade.

These compositions were -and are common- with caps offered to tourists
    Very interesting. I'll probably leave it as-is, but I might just look for an original chinstrap. Thanks for the info!

Quote by James C View Post
    nice visor here is my one and only soviet era visor ,roll down the liner band ,you might find another stamp as i did
    Your PPSh makes you visor cap even cooler

I'll look for the stamp, but I'm always relunctant to over-manipulate memorabilia.

ASR
    ?

Another ebay posting (sorry I cannot add pics now, only the listings) with an Ukrainian cap with same chinstrap:
    Ukrainian Navy Officer Parade Visor Cap 2002 | eBay

As I pointed out before, it seems fairly common to use such chinstraps there.

Dom
    ?

Asr

the two links show post-Soviet manufacturing

ASR
    ?

Here is another one:

Russian Soviet Hat Officer Army Cap Uniform USSR Tank Force Military Original | eBay

Very typical soviet manufacture, although dated 1992.

As I said before all examples I have seen so far were manufactured in UA during the very late 80s - early 90s

Hi Guys, don't forget to add pics, as e bay links die over time. I have added a couple of pics for reference.

Cheer, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Dom
    ?

Thanks ASR ,

but then again post soviet , can be trying to find old photographs to confirm your theory .

I have a border guards hat that needs a black chinstrap, any ideas where to get one?

Cookie
    ?

Default MVD Generals Hat

Guys:
    I picked this hat up, but don't know if it's real. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am new to this.
    Inside the hat it has blue/green satin material. Black velvet material lines the underside of the visor.
    The chin strap appears to be made out of leather. The band is more maroon, not red.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Fake Soviet Visor Cap  Fake Soviet Visor Cap  Fake Soviet Visor Cap  Fake Soviet Visor Cap  Fake Soviet Visor Cap 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2