Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Flight helmet

Article about: Hello and Happy New Year! I´m new here and for a start I´d like to ask some opinions about that Soviet flight helmet... Is it mid/late war production or early postwar? Canvas combined with l

I had one of these that was found in Finland , it was a Soviet copy of the German flying helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flight helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by Boycie View Post
    It could be my eyes playing tricks or wishful thinking but is it stamped "Л" on both, or is it "Л" and "П"?

Левый Правый = Left Right.

I'm afraid i know nothing about flight helmets though!

Right!
    Wonder how I didn't notice that simple thing...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flight helmet  

Thanks for all the replies!

So far its clear that this is Soviet in between 1943-1950 produced copy of German flight helmet.

For me these dog(?) hair with skin paddings looks like low quality work stitched by hand (possible ww2 period production signs?).

Lend lease buttons doesn´t prove anything but are better sign than postwar buttons...

This helmet is an attic found from island Hiiumaa (Dago) in Estonia...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flight helmet   Flight helmet  

It is a middle to late WW2 period Russian flight helmet, it is not a Luftwaffe LKp 101. Although it is similar to the LKp 101, it is different. The LKp 101 had 2 chin straps, the Russian flight helmet has 1 chin strap. The LKp 101 did not have goggle straps at the top front, the Russian flight helmet has goggle straps to the top front (as well as to the back as the Luftwaffe). Your Russian flight helmet is missing the throat mics and straps and the receivers. In spite of this, it would still make a good display if you wish to display it. I collect WW2 period Russian flight helmets and items. Best.

Hello. Here is a WW2 (or possibly early post war) Russian flight helmet that was posted on this forum years ago by member Soljenitsyne. It is what the original posters flight helmet looked like before the avionic parts were removed. Flight helmetFlight helmetFlight helmetFlight helmetFlight helmetFlight helmet

Here is a wartime or early postwar photograph of the cloth Russian flight helmet.

Flight helmet

Quote by RKKA pilot View Post
    It is a middle to late WW2 period Russian flight helmet, it is not a Luftwaffe LKp 101. Although it is similar to the LKp 101, it is different. The LKp 101 had 2 chin straps, the Russian flight helmet has 1 chin strap. The LKp 101 did not have goggle straps at the top front, the Russian flight helmet has goggle straps to the top front (as well as to the back as the Luftwaffe). Your Russian flight helmet is missing the throat mics and straps and the receivers. In spite of this, it would still make a good display if you wish to display it. I collect WW2 period Russian flight helmets and items. Best.
    Thank you for replies!
    Sadly there weren't found any radio communication system parts. Lets see if I can manage to find these missing parts to complete this helmet for a head display with WW2 goggles.

Does this type of flight helmets had official Russian model name?

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2