Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Garage sale find in Finland, complete untouched 1938 Russian steel helmet :)

Article about: WOW! Huhhuh millä hinnalla !

Jan
    ?

Default Re: Garage sale find in Finland, complete untouched 1938 Russian steel helmet :)

Thanks for the kind input Steve. The seller an older man told me it was german and from WW1. When I told him it was a russian helmet he actually lowered the price .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Garage sale find in Finland, complete untouched 1938 Russian steel helmet :)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Garage sale find in Finland, complete untouched 1938 Russian steel helmet :)

Nice find! Any story seller told you about the helmet?
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Jan
    ?

No but I would imagine it came to his posession via his father who fought on the nearby Hanko front in 1941.. It´s been in his posession since the seller was a child (born 1940). It´s been laying in a woodshed for 40+ yrs and accordingly is very dirty.. I first thought I´d clean it up but decided not to as it´s in original condition like this.

Cheers Jan

Jan
    ?

Dimas do You have any idea what the stamp 5152 stands for?

Rgds Jan

Wow truly amazing find

Jan
    ?

Thanks, after all these yrs since ww2 its still possible to make finds out there

Cheers Jan

Jan
    ?

A few pics tio illustrate the helmet "as worn" .

Kippis Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Garage sale find in Finland, complete untouched 1938 Russian steel helmet :)  
    Attached Images Attached Images Garage sale find in Finland, complete untouched 1938 Russian steel helmet :) 

?

It is a batch number
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

As all the others already have said : A really great find.Super helmet !!!!

Regards

Bernhard

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I really like the helmet.
    They are very hard to find in the USA.
    Not only in the us, they are almost impossible to find here also.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast