Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Help with Soviet Helmet

Article about: thats a cold war classic! plus it's shell size 3 [large] I prefer the biggest shell sizes if I can find them

?

Default Re: Help with Soviet Helmet

Hello mixer. Very nice of you to be so helpful. So as i understand it, the different USSR helmet manufacturers actually used the stamp "Р" on re-issue or renewed helmets. Can you tell me anything about the Red Star on this helmets?

Help with Soviet HelmetHelp with Soviet HelmetHelp with Soviet Helmet

Also, is this helmet a "fake"? I am sure the paint is not from 1941 and it has no "P" stamp.

Help with Soviet HelmetHelp with Soviet HelmetHelp with Soviet HelmetHelp with Soviet HelmetHelp with Soviet Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Soviet Helmet
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

ZKO factory 52 and 53 :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Soviet Helmet   Help with Soviet Helmet  

Dom
    ?

Wartime LMZ factory 42 to 45 :

Help with Soviet Helmet

Help with Soviet Helmet

Dom
    ?

44 and 45 :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Soviet Helmet   Help with Soviet Helmet  

Dom
    ?

Quote by mixer View Post
    B. steel helmet SH-39 produced Lysvensky Metallurgical Plant in 1939 - 1941. and Stalingrad Metallurgical Plant "Red October" in 1939-1941. stamps "LMZ", "ZKO" or stamp without the manufacturer's name (it is with a high probability - LMZ).
    SH 39 ZKO dated 41 :

Help with Soviet Helmet

?

Very nice, Dom! Thanks for the add your pictures! But the last helmet (SH-39 ZKO) is not an exemplar of 1941, it is produced in 1940. There is a defect of the stamp. One of the halves of the digits 0 did not leave a trace. This is a known singularity SH-39, manufactured by ZKO in 1940.
    To Datrus: Lars, the previous topic has the correct answer for these helmets. I completely agree with a colleagues - the first helmet is a complete fake, and the second is an original. But the star of the shell is a fake. In 1941, the star is no longer applied to the helmet in the factories, they were ordered to erase helmet's stars in the troops. Also a form of this stars do not meet standards.

Dom
    ?

Hi Mixer,

Yes your observation is completely correct .
    One last exemplary LMZ dated 1939:

Help with Soviet Helmet

Thank you everyone for all the great info. 3 weeks ago I was struggling to find any information at all about the stamps on these helmets and now it's all right here in one thread. I am sure there is so much more to see/know but still, this is probably the most comprehensive thread on this topic thus far. Too bad I didn't have this info 3 weeks ago, but I think I did OK with the Ssch40 we purchased. Won't be the last one, that's for sure. Thanks again guys!

Russ

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5