Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Leather tank helmet

Article about: Hello, In first I must say that I create that thread and the pictures from a friend of mine (is on this site) who cannot use internet right now, i'm not a militaria collectioner myself so th

Neisbey
    ?

Default Leather tank helmet

Hello,

In first I must say that I create that thread and the pictures from a friend of mine (is on this site) who cannot use internet right now, i'm not a militaria collectioner myself so that will be hard for me to answer to your questions (if questions are posed) so here we go I just make a copy paste of what he let to me for make that subject.

"Hello everyone,

I have this leather tank helmet and I want to have your own opinion on this one, I was always curious about that chinstrap that I never seen on soviet production (but we told me that could be an early model), the quality of the leather is really good for being a copy but we never know ... inside we can see clearly it was hard used the blue color is almost unseen other point about that if I returned the coating we can see the typical blue of Soviet tankmen, I've take for compared another of my helmet dated 1939 with blue coating (this helmet I have absolutely no doubt about him) and for finish I looked an old thread on Warrelics where I can see a pictures of a fake leather helmet with pictures of the snap, unfortunately they seem to look just like what I have on my own model.
    Leather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmet

For my part the quality of that helmet on the material used make me hard to believe that's just a copy but If I create this thread it's because I have a doubt about that (more about the snap) so ...

Fire at will gentlemen don't hesistate to give your opinion ! (with argumentation at least)

Thanks !"

I'm not sure if I doing the right thing for the photos (the way i posted) he explain me how to make just hope I didn't make any mistake.

thanks,
    Cordially

Paul

2. # ADS

Hello,

Just trying to find information on leather Tank helmets.
    No easy information unfortunatly.
    Some threads I founds on diferents type of Helmets. Difficult to organise with Good, Fake, Qestions, Pre, Post WW.
    I classified them in Leather, Canvas and Google. At least to retrieve more easily the type of headwear we look for.

Leather
    Pre war leather tankist protective helmet
    Tanker Helmet Alert!
    Soviet leather and canvas tank helmets

Canvas
    Soviet Tanker Display
    Tank Crewmans Helmet
    Tankers helmet

WW2 Padded Crew Helmet?

Googles
    tank helmet goggle pickup

Some other threads may be located in orther part of the forum. I didn't looked a them all.
    Tank Kapitan WW2

In case new information arrise.

By the way, no answeres were provided for the above.
    What do you think?

All the best

Bruno

Hello,

Been a long time, i'm the friend who's Paul talking about back in the days ... and here some more photos, I still have it today and still don't know much about it ...

Leather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmetLeather tank helmet

Quote by bourguignotte View Post
    How does one identify if tank goggles are wartime period? I have been searching for a pair for some time now, but all I can find is the postwar “blue” goggles.

Hello,

I tried to answer to the google question on the google post in order not to polute this thread but it is currently bloked. I'll do it later.

Concerning the tanker helmet shown above.
    In the different post I saw it was mentioned a possible Chinese origine.
    I am skeptical as usualy the quality of their production wasn't at that level at the time.
    China is really becoming comunist in 49, so lately and at a time the leather Helmets are not used anymore un USSR.
    Also the similarities with the Russian helmet are very big. Leather, buckles…
    The only questionable point, from what I see, are possibly the size of the flap, the missing small bleu circle in the flap and the chinstrap.

Could it be that USSR produced them either for them or for other "sister" countries?

Does anybody have the detail of each modele?
    From what I understood we have:
    - M31 : Hard leather
    - M34 : Leather
    - M36 : Leather
    - M38 : Canvas
    - M40 : Canvas + radio équipement
    - 42-43: War production

Please do not hesitate to amend or comment

Bruno

?

I'd add the fur lined, canvas model with the large neck but I don't know the year!

Hello everyone,

I was cleaning some old files on my computer and when i've got to the "militaria" one, I found some nice photos of my old helmet that I already showed here (from the 4rd pictures) WWII Soviet Tanker Helm (Springtime variant??) 1943 dated (picture heavy)

Really nice model pre war made with 3 stamps on it, one showing the date 1939 ...

I don't have it anymore since a long time but still have all the photos that I have taken back in the days and one detail called me that I forgot to mention in the past... the buttons ! here take a look :

Leather tank helmet

If you take a closer look at it, (go ahead you can zoom it's a big size) you can see some engraving "shell" around ...

And when you take a look at the leather helmet showed here you can find the same thing, even some "shell" seem faded due to heavy worn ... what do you think ? It really start to give alot of similitude with good soviet helmet if you include also the blue pattern inside.

Leather tank helmet