Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My new SSH 39

Article about: Just received from the seller purchased via an ad in a gun forum. I had cleaned it up a bit so the condition is better then his ad description below as seen in the photos. Not mint like my o

?

Default My new SSH 39

Just purchased via an ad in a gun forum. I had cleaned it up a bit so the condition is better then his ad description below as seen in the photos. Not mint like my other SSH39 I got from Wesley's Dad a few years ago but the price was right. The 41 date is light but you can make it out, Ray

The ad.

"Brought back by US serviceman in 45 . Obtained from vet's family today. Helmet is in very good plus condition, outside shows 300-40% or original paint with some minor surface rust and brown patina but little pitting, interior is very nice with oil cloth and webbing liner labeled size 60, there are some impressed nos in rear skirt and stamps but too light to make out. Probably an early 40-41 configuration but this is 100% WW2, not post war or screwed with and fairly rare in this condition. Asking $250 shipped anywhere in US. Usually list for much more on dealer sites."

My new SSH 39My new SSH 39My new SSH 39My new SSH 39My new SSH 39My new SSH 39My new SSH 39My new SSH 39

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new SSH 39
    P
    Many

That's a great helmet Ray, and an absolute steal at $250. When you say you "cleaned it up a bit", what all did you do?

Kevin

?

Not a lot mostly cleaning off the dust and light film of rust on some of the metal parts and wiping off the cloth liner with a wet paper towel, which by the way, didn't make much difference but did get some loose dirt/dust off. Ray

?

sample of Light rust that was cleaned off

My new SSH 39

That's one juicy original example you got there,awesome purchase and well done.!

?

Can't resist showing the beauty I got from Wesley's Dad. So here it is, Ray

My new SSH 39My new SSH 39My new SSH 39My new SSH 39My new SSH 39My new SSH 39My new SSH 39My new SSH 39My new SSH 39My new SSH 39