Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

My Soviet Hat Collection

Article about: Here's my collection.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    That is a very nice collection friend.
    I agree, and many thanks for the descriptions.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Soviet Hat Collection
    P
    Many

welcome to the forum ,you have a very nice collection indeed
    Regards James

Does anybody know how I can display these hats? Right now each is in a ziplock bag in a plastic box.

Hi Again, I am in the process of moving house so my caps are all in storeage but I have posted some pics of my Russian caps showing them as I used to display them. When I eventually put them out again, I will use a similar method but will add lightweight curtains to protect them from dust and moths etc. I hope you find the photos of interest and that they my help in your search for a display method for your caps.
    Regards Michael R

My Soviet Hat CollectionMy Soviet Hat CollectionMy Soviet Hat CollectionMy Soviet Hat CollectionMy Soviet Hat CollectionMy Soviet Hat CollectionMy Soviet Hat Collection

What a great collection Michael. Thanks. Moths are the biggest threat to my collection.

By the way I just bought a cap from belarus, It should be on its way. When I get it I'll take a picture and post it on here.

-Phil

Cheers Phil, I hope the new cap is a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Regards Michael R

I am interested in knowing- if anyone has an answer- why the Russian, post 2000 (approx date) , caps got so giant? I have noticed these in videos of May Day parades, and it makes the people wearing them look small and almost comical.

I personally like the much lower and smaller caps, which in my opinion are far more dignified, and I suspect easier to wear.
    Patrick

The hats seemed to grow with the economy. I don't know the answer why, but agree, the larger hats look a bit cartoon like.

Cheers, Willie.

MAP
    ?

Michael,

Your collection never ceases to amaze me!

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by jagdhorn View Post
    I am interested in knowing- if anyone has an answer- why the Russian, post 2000 (approx date) , caps got so giant? I have noticed these in videos of May Day parades, and it makes the people wearing them look small and almost comical.
    These large caps were part of the implementations of the inadequate minister of defense Pavel Grachev. I believe that these were made purely to look "cooler" and seem more important even though they make their "wearers" seem comical. In the Russian army these hats got the nickname "Pinochetka" after the south american dictator and "grachevka" after it's main promoter. I do have one such cap in my collection.

My Soviet Hat Collection

My Soviet Hat Collection

My Soviet Hat Collection

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast