Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Need an opinion on this side cap/ pilotka

Article about: I Have no idea what period the cap is. Can someone translate what the cartouche says or if its a manufacturer's stamp and/or fake? I think the painted canvas/oil cloth sweat band and the wea

?

Default Need an opinion on this side cap/ pilotka

I Have no idea what period the cap is. Can someone translate what the cartouche says or if its a manufacturer's stamp and/or fake? I think the painted canvas/oil cloth sweat band and the wear might indicate the cap is early manufacture but that's only a guess. It could have been made last year for all I know.
    I would appreciate any help with the translation or an opinion, Ray

Need an opinion on this side cap/ pilotkaNeed an opinion on this side cap/ pilotka

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need an opinion on this side cap/ pilotka
    P
    Many

Hi Ray, the inked "OTK" marking is an inspection stamp.

It is a postwar cap by the looks of it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade, How the heck can you tell the period of these caps with out a date stamp as they all mostly look the same. Is that a post war inspection stamp that dates it? Anyway, the only reason I thought it was possibly pre war or WWII is that I had a ppsh36 helmet with that same type of sweat band material. And in my research I found a couple dated WWII (1941) ones with that type of sweatband but I suppose they must have used it on post war caps also. Ray

Hi Ray, the cut of a wartime cap is slightly different. Wartime caps are usually made from a ribbed twill cloth.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade, good to know the difference, Ray

?

As Ade said post war cap but can someone give an opinion what general period it would be? The star insignia is brass coated steel. The white spots/areas on the star are light reflections, Ray

Need an opinion on this side cap/ pilotkaNeed an opinion on this side cap/ pilotkaNeed an opinion on this side cap/ pilotkaNeed an opinion on this side cap/ pilotkaNeed an opinion on this side cap/ pilotka
    Last edited by RayG; 12-25-2013 at 03:16 PM.

?

More photos
    Need an opinion on this side cap/ pilotkaNeed an opinion on this side cap/ pilotka

?

In any case, it looks good next to my Ssh39 I posted about earlier, Ray
    Need an opinion on this side cap/ pilotka