Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Odd M35-type Visor Cap

Article about: Royal blue Crown (not cornflower, mind you ), red band (not BRICK-red, mind you again... ), and PINKpiping... What is it? The crown also has an odd shape, but it seems to never have been cru

Default Odd M35-type Visor Cap

Royal blue Crown (not cornflower, mind you ), red band (not BRICK-red, mind you again... ), and PINKpiping...

What is it?

The crown also has an odd shape, but it seems to never have been crushed to the point of altering it's usual shape in any great degree.

Also, another cap that I own that has absolutely no markings... Private purchase? If so, WHO bought it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odd M35-type Visor Cap   Odd M35-type Visor Cap  

Odd M35-type Visor Cap   Odd M35-type Visor Cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd M35-type Visor Cap
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Odd M35-type Visor Cap

So, As I can see there someone will make a NKVD visor, because the colors bothered to the
    NKVD, blue- to cornflower blue, pink - to crimson, and red to maroon.
    At the material-used on the cap, it's not which I prefer. The shape of the cap is more pre 35. I don't like it Richie, but what do you think yourself- feeling?
    Probably this is original but not properly made. (can you makes closeups of swead diamond, band and stitching of the visor + sweatband, if possible the place under the liner under the visor's center.
    Probably theater or filmstudio job?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I don't like it Richie, but what do you think yourself- feeling?

Probably theater or filmstudio job?
    The current feeling I have about this cap is "baffledness"

Theater or Film - I would never rule out that possibility...

I'll take a few detailed images later on and show them here.

.................................................. .............................
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odd M35-type Visor Cap   Odd M35-type Visor Cap  

Odd M35-type Visor Cap   Odd M35-type Visor Cap  

Odd M35-type Visor Cap  

?

Sorry Richie, bad stitching/thread/sweatband. It's a not private purchased item, but artificially aged cap. Firstly I was think that reddish stains on the sweatband is from the make up of theater actors- but this is due of not hard crimson paint on the band of the cap, which became lost color after it was wet....

My opinion is that hat has no even right outline.for me it looks like copy even from far.Sorry but thats only my opinion.

It certainly is an "odd duck" as far as shape is concerned. An associate here in the US once had a Militia cap with a similar shape. I can not remember how he felt about it's authenticity.

One just like it is shown on page 231 of the Webster / Nelson UNIFORMS OF THE SOVIET UNION book.

I also now see what Dim has written about the fading and running of the colors. However, if this is indeed a fake, it seems to me that is not a recent one...

?

Quote by RichieC View Post
    It certainly is an "odd duck" as far as shape is concerned. An associate here in the US once had a Militia cap with a similar shape. I can not remember how he felt about it's authenticity.

One just like it is shown on page 231 of the Webster / Nelson UNIFORMS OF THE SOVIET UNION book.

I also now see what Dim has written about the fading and running of the colors. However, if this is indeed a fake, it seems to me that is not a recent one...
    Richie, that's can be a theter work too.
    But most known fakes made by one guy in Ukraina, and another one mass maker is mr Aleksandr Balai from St Petersburg
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics