Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Old Soviet Visor Cap

Article about: Greetings all! Recently I won a box of Soviet hats at auction. Pretty standard stuff - All I can see are post World War II and date from the late Cold War era. There are two I wanted to post

Default Old Soviet Visor Cap - Officer field 58 / 69

Greetings all!
    Recently I won a box of Soviet hats at auction. Pretty standard stuff - All I can see are post World War II and date from the late Cold War era.
    There are two I wanted to post for opinions. This one appears old - the style differs from the others. I can't make out any writing - Is it just a cold war cap or is it a reproduction of a WWII cap with aged insignia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Old Soviet Visor Cap   Old Soviet Visor Cap  

Old Soviet Visor Cap   Old Soviet Visor Cap  

Old Soviet Visor Cap  
    Last edited by christek; 06-26-2016 at 01:55 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Old Soviet Visor Cap
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

Officer field 58 / 69 , the cockade is not appropriate .

Quote by Dom View Post
    Officer field 58 / 69 , the cockade is not appropriate .
    Yep, not that confirmation is required where Dom is concerned but I agree. The cap star I believe should be the earlier brass with hot enamel type as worn during the war. The one actually on the hat is much later.

I expect you know but for anyone interested, in the group pic of hats the two naval hats have different cap tallies. The one on the left is for KGB Naval Border Guard units whilst the one on the right is for the Higher Naval Academy named for Feliks Dzerzhinsky.

The cap on the right of the 2nd row up is a post soviet Russian type and the additional upper badge I believe is as with the earlier Soviet type indicative of Honour Guard personnel.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Fantastic info Mark! Many thanks mate, I know very little about them, I have never really been a hat man but they are interesting and very well made. They were impulse bids but I was happy with my win. I will slowly post them individually as time allows, its always great to know what one has! Thanks again.