Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on another tanker helmet, please.

Article about: Greetings group, This is my first post but I've been a collector for many years. I picked up this leather tanker helmet in Prague in 1995 and in the research I've tried to do online recently

Default Opinions on another tanker helmet, please.

Greetings group,

This is my first post but I've been a collector for many years. I picked up this leather tanker helmet in Prague in 1995 and in the research I've tried to do online recently, the most helpful threads appeared here on War Relics. Please look over these pictures and let me know what you think.

Best,
    Kiriyenko
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on another tanker helmet, please.   Opinions on another tanker helmet, please.  

Opinions on another tanker helmet, please.   Opinions on another tanker helmet, please.  

Opinions on another tanker helmet, please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on another tanker helmet, please.
    P
    Many

there is a thread that i read on this Forum about Chinese made leather Soviet M36 tank helmets. chances are that this is one of them.

Thank you for the response - Were the Chinese made helmets made for their military or were they made to pass off as originals?

I found threads about copies made roughly 10 years ago that have snaps but they look very different. I've also had mine for 20 years now, so I know its at least that old.

i think they were just fakes. if you do a search on this Forum for "tanker helmet", you should come up with some research material. here is what i found off hand,

Pre war leather tankist protective helmet

I like the materials and the flat stamped buckles. I believe this is what gets referred to as the 1945 issue "Victory Parade" helmet. It is somewhat simplified compared to the pre-war helmets, but probably an original piece... especially if it was truly acquired in 1995.

Thanks for the reply, Wesley's Dad.

I was thinking the same thing after following the link 3aStalina included. Mine looks identical to your helmet posted here https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/headg...html#post44769

What is your estimate of the value of a parade helmet? I can find no markings on mine and its missing a blue pad under one of the ear flaps but looks otherwise complete and undamaged.

Best,
    Mike